    Your help is greatly appreciated.

    Nick

    Caught in the cross fire of the digital revolution
    mademedia, Oct 19, 2004

  2. mademedia

    Jer Guest

    mademedia wrote:

    > Anyone have any ideas why my brand new scanner isn't working.
    >
    > I am running XP SP2.
    > Plenty of RAM and HD space.
    >
    > Installation completes and computer finds new hardware, but when I go to
    > start up the software, I get:
    >
    > error = 4
    > could not connect to device
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Your help is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Nick
    >
    > Caught in the cross fire of the digital revolution

    Sounds like the softwre isn't looking for the scanner on the correct
    interface, so check to see if there's an option for this. or maybe you
    just need to jiggle something.

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'
    Jer, Oct 19, 2004

  3. mademedia

    Dps Guest

    Did you follow *exactly* the installation instructions? i.e. did not turn
    the scanner on before SW installation?

    BTW sign up to comp.periphs.scanners
    Dps, Oct 19, 2004
  4. mademedia

    HRosita Guest

    >"mademedia" wrote

    >Installation completes and computer finds new hardware, but when I go to
    >start up the software, I get:
    >
    >error = 4
    >could not connect to device

    Hi,

    It has something to do with the cover that protects the opening.
    A friend of mine had the same problem and it worked after we moved the cover up
    or down don't remember exactly.

    Your best bet is to download the pdf manual from the Minolta site. Here are
    some instructions:
    _________________________________
    Before using the scanner, install the DiMAGE Scan Utility. Confirm the front
    door of the
    scanner is closed and then turn on the scanner. Launch the DiMAGE Scan Utility
    before inserting the film holder. Do not insert the film holder into the
    scanner while the
    utility software is launching or the scanner is initializing; the indicator
    lamp blinks
    during this period.
    When the indicator lamp glows steadily, open the
    front door until the top is aligned with the 35mm
    film-holder mark (1).

    --------------------------------

    Hope this helps
    Rosita
    HRosita, Oct 19, 2004
  5. mademedia

    mademedia Guest

    Hey all,

    Turns out all was fine with unit. For some reason it was incompatible with
    my USB ports which are native to my motherboard. I was able to try the unit
    on another PC and got it running. So I went to Comp USA, bought a PCI USB
    Card to run it through and Eureka!

    Unit is up and running and I am playing with it now.

    Later,

    Nick

    mademedia, Oct 20, 2004
  6. mademedia

    Jer Guest

    mademedia wrote:

    > Hey all,
    >

    > Turns out all was fine with unit. For some reason it was incompatible with
    > my USB ports which are native to my motherboard. I was able to try the unit
    > on another PC and got it running. So I went to Comp USA, bought a PCI USB
    > Card to run it through and Eureka!
    >

    > Unit is up and running and I am playing with it now.
    >

    > Later,

    Great! Glad to hear the good news!! Now get off the newsgroup and get
    back to work! :)) <---smiley thing

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'
    Jer, Oct 20, 2004
  7. mademedia

    Paul J Gans Guest

    mademedia <> wrote:
    >Hey all,

    >Turns out all was fine with unit. For some reason it was incompatible with
    >my USB ports which are native to my motherboard. I was able to try the unit
    >on another PC and got it running. So I went to Comp USA, bought a PCI USB
    >Card to run it through and Eureka!

    >Unit is up and running and I am playing with it now.

    >Later,

    I'd appreciate it if you'd let us know how you
    like it. I'm thinking of buying one.

    ---- Paul J. Gans
    Paul J Gans, Oct 21, 2004