    ascribe motives to the cat that are more benign than the
    cat's real motives. For example if the cat gets in the
    way when we are trying to do something we say it is "helping".

    Daniel Prince, Mar 26, 2006

  2. Daniel Prince

    Buster Guest

    Refurbs should have all the accessories, but only a 90 day warranty.
    Buster

    Buster, Mar 27, 2006

  3. Daniel Prince <> wrote:

    > I am thinking of buying a refurbished Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z3 as my
    > first digital camera. It will cost about $205 (US) delivered.
    >
    > Is this camera a good choice? Are there other cameras for about the
    > same price that would be better?

    The Dimage Z6 is only $274.95 (from B&H) and is worth every penny.

    For the extra money you get:

    ? 6 megapixel rather than 4 megapixel
    ? 2 inch LCD rather than a 1.5 inch LCD
    ? Burst mode with 20 full size frames in 1.8 fps

    I have the Dimage Z5 and love it. There are some things to make it even
    better. Lock the ASA in at 100 to avoid noise problems. For special
    situations use aperature priority or shutter priority to avoid some
    unfortunate program AE choices.

    They are both good, but I would step up now to the best.

    --
    Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
    http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman

    Stephen Henning, Mar 27, 2006
  4. Daniel Prince wrote:
    > I am thinking of buying a refurbished Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z3 as my
    > first digital camera. It will cost about $205 (US) delivered.
    >
    > Is this camera a good choice? Are there other cameras for about the
    > same price that would be better?

    []

    You might want to ask in rec.photo.digital.zlr

    David

    David J Taylor, Mar 27, 2006