    PC any thoughts? Camera fine in all other respects

    TIA
    Dave

    David Jones, Oct 11, 2004

  2. David Jones

    Robert Barr Guest

    Whether the photos display or not is an option that's set in the
    camera's setup menu.

    RTFM.

    Robert Barr, Oct 11, 2004

  3. David Jones

    David Jones Guest

    Thanks for that - I have always been able to preview until today when, for
    some reason, I seem to have lost this facility but I haven't changed or
    altered anything

    Dave

    David Jones, Oct 11, 2004
  4. David Jones

    Robert Barr Guest

    In your anual, you should find a way to reset the camera to all default
    settings. Try that. That should bring your review back to life.

    [I'm guessing you're talking about the brief few seconds that you can
    see the results of the last shot taken. Preview, a different creature,
    always works when you have the LCD switched on, unless you select
    'review' mode. It's simpler than it sounds...]

    Robert Barr, Oct 11, 2004
  5. David Jones

    David Jones Guest

    Robert,

    I have had the camera for about 5 months and the default is set to
    'Quickview'.

    Now, when I turn the camera on, the viewing screen displays a series of
    vertical gray lines - darker towards the middle and right of the screen.

    The 'review' button does nothing and, more worryingly, the 'menu' button
    does nothing either so I can't even get into the system to alter setting as
    you suggest.

    The camera still takes photos and the flash works so I am assuming that the
    batteries are OK. However the picture just taken does not appear in the
    screen - not even for an instant.

    The card is a Kodak SD 256Mb and I can upload to my pc either directly from
    the camera using the USB cable or via a card reader. I have removed the
    card and taken pics using the camera's internal memory and that works OK
    too.

    So my assumptions are :- the memory card is OK; the internal memory is OK;
    the batteries are OK.

    I have been to the Kodak site and browsed the FAQs for this model but had no
    joy there. I have also e-mailed Kodak but have yet to receive a reply.

    (I am anxious to get this sorted as I am off to Belgium next week to visit
    the WWI places of interest and am trying to locate the grave of a
    great-uncle who was killed 3 months before the war ended.)

    I'm now busy trying to find the receipt for the camera in case I have to
    send it back to the internet retailer!

    Thanks for your input.

    Regards,

    Dave

    David Jones, Oct 12, 2004
  6. David Jones

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Dave,

    Sorry to hear about the condition of your camera. I suggest you get in
    touch with our team in the UK and ask for direction in how to get things in
    order. If I recall they have the same online repair feature to get your
    camera in for service. Try going to the Kodak home page and clicking on the
    Support link. On that page is a link to troubleshooting. Use it to get
    your camera serviced. Or, if you like, you can call us at 0870-2430270

    Talk to you soon, David, let me know how you make out and if you need my
    help.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Oct 22, 2004