    planet?

    "Hello Kodak, anybody home"
    , May 8, 2007

  2. Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:
    > Really tried to like and to buy a Kodak, but it seems they DON'T want
    > my business or money.Plain STUPID what they have done to the prices
    >
    > ie
    >
    > Fujifilm S700/S5700 RRP US$249 AUS$399
    >
    > Kodak Z712IS RRP US$299 AUS$650
    >
    > Kodak must be using a special unknown formula, they are PLAYING with
    > themselves if they think they can do stunts like this.
    >
    > Is it no wonder Cano zoom passed them as the #1 selling brand on the
    > planet?
    >
    > "Hello Kodak, anybody home"

    This may not be due to Kodak's policies, but government tariffs which
    are intended to protect more local companies from competition. If you
    notice US companies products being noticeably more expensive, talk to
    your own government about it. Kodak seems to compete well on price most
    places.
    Ron Hunter, May 8, 2007

  3. ray Guest

    On Mon, 07 May 2007 23:51:57 -0700, Michael.Pasturi wrote:

    > Really tried to like and to buy a Kodak, but it seems they DON'T want
    > my business or money.Plain STUPID what they have done to the prices
    >
    > ie
    >
    > Fujifilm S700/S5700 RRP US$249 AUS$399
    >
    > Kodak Z712IS RRP US$299 AUS$650
    >
    > Kodak must be using a special unknown formula, they are PLAYING with
    > themselves if they think they can do stunts like this.
    >
    > Is it no wonder Cano zoom passed them as the #1 selling brand on the
    > planet?
    >
    > "Hello Kodak, anybody home"

    Prices from??? Have you tried the Kodak online store - I've had great
    experiences with their refurb products - recently got a P850 there for
    $250 - price has declined since. I'd recommend you look at the P series -
    it offers several advantages, such as save as raw,tiff,jpeg; full manual
    mode.
    ray, May 8, 2007
  4. Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Mike,

    Actually, Mike it is the retailer that sets the price you see. Also, I
    suspect the value of the Dollar in the market may something to do with the
    pric. It is something you can work through with the retailers in your area.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, May 8, 2007
  5. Guest

    On May 8, 7:33 pm, Ron Hunter <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Really tried to like and to buy a Kodak, but it seems they DON'T want
    > > my business or money.Plain STUPID what they have done to the prices

    > > ie

    > > Fujifilm S700/S5700 RRP US$249 AUS$399

    > > Kodak Z712IS RRP US$299 AUS$650

    > > Kodak must be using a special unknown formula, they are PLAYING with
    > > themselves if they think they can do stunts like this.

    > > Is it no wonder Cano zoom passed them as the #1 selling brand on the
    > > planet?

    > > "Hello Kodak, anybody home"

    > This may not be due to Kodak's policies, but government tariffs which
    > are intended to protect more local companies from competition. If you
    > notice US companies products being noticeably more expensive, talk to
    > your own government about it. Kodak seems to compete well on price most
    > places.- Hide quoted text -

    No tariff/duty on cameras in Australia, in fact USA is in a better
    position than Japan anyway [not that either come from birth country]

    USA & AUS have free trade agreement, NO tariff on anything

    Fujifilm want business, Kodak bad run company and need all that profit
    to operate and feed all the mouths...
    , May 9, 2007
  6. Guest

    On May 9, 1:01 am, ray <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 07 May 2007 23:51:57 -0700, Michael.Pasturi wrote:
    > > Really tried to like and to buy a Kodak, but it seems they DON'T want
    > > my business or money.Plain STUPID what they have done to the prices

    > > ie

    > > Fujifilm S700/S5700 RRP US$249 AUS$399

    > > Kodak Z712IS RRP US$299 AUS$650

    > > Kodak must be using a special unknown formula, they are PLAYING with
    > > themselves if they think they can do stunts like this.

    > > Is it no wonder Cano zoom passed them as the #1 selling brand on the
    > > planet?

    > > "Hello Kodak, anybody home"

    > Prices from??? Have you tried the Kodak online store - I've had great
    > experiences with their refurb products - recently got a P850 there for
    > $250 - price has declined since. I'd recommend you look at the P series -
    > it offers several advantages, such as save as raw,tiff,jpeg; full manual
    > mode.- Hide quoted text -

    Price i quoted are the RRP/List price set by Kodak and Fujifilm

    Kodak dont do a online store in AUS

    Not interested in saving photos other than in jpeg, otherwise i would
    just buy a SLR
    , May 9, 2007
  7. Guest

    On May 9, 4:17 am, "Ron Baird" <> wrote:
    > Hi Mike,
    >
    > Actually, Mike it is the retailer that sets the price you see. Also, I
    > suspect the value of the Dollar in the market may something to do with the
    > pric. It is something you can work through with the retailers in your area.
    >
    > Ron Baird
    > Eastman Kodak Company
    >
    > <> wrote in message

    > > Really tried to like and to buy a Kodak, but it seems they DON'T want
    > > my business or money.Plain STUPID what they have done to the prices

    > > ie

    > > Fujifilm S700/S5700 RRP US$249 AUS$399

    > > Kodak Z712IS RRP US$299 AUS$650

    > > Kodak must be using a special unknown formula, they are PLAYING with
    > > themselves if they think they can do stunts like this.

    > > Is it no wonder Cano zoom passed them as the #1 selling brand on the
    > > planet?

    > > "Hello Kodak, anybody home"- Hide quoted text -

    Thankyou for your reply today Ron.

    The retailers discount from the RRP/List price set by Kodak/Fujifilm

    Its ok seen it all before, soon as Kodak see slow sales, price will be
    slashed to the real level.

    USA is 17 year high vs AUS dollar if anything it should be only 20%
    more than the USA price, Japans Yen is still high vs USA$, Kodak and
    plain greedy and stupid, when will they wake up, when they are no
    longer in the top 10 selling digital brand.

    Frankly ANOTHER poorly run USA company, to top heavy and only worried
    about Nth.America market and nothing more

    Cheers

    M/P
    , May 9, 2007
  8. ray Guest

    On Tue, 08 May 2007 16:36:54 -0700, Michael.Pasturi wrote:

    > On May 9, 1:01 am, ray <> wrote:
    >> On Mon, 07 May 2007 23:51:57 -0700, Michael.Pasturi wrote:
    >> > Really tried to like and to buy a Kodak, but it seems they DON'T want
    >> > my business or money.Plain STUPID what they have done to the prices

    >> > ie

    >> > Fujifilm S700/S5700 RRP US$249 AUS$399

    >> > Kodak Z712IS RRP US$299 AUS$650

    >> > Kodak must be using a special unknown formula, they are PLAYING with
    >> > themselves if they think they can do stunts like this.

    >> > Is it no wonder Cano zoom passed them as the #1 selling brand on the
    >> > planet?

    >> > "Hello Kodak, anybody home"

    >> Prices from??? Have you tried the Kodak online store - I've had great
    >> experiences with their refurb products - recently got a P850 there for
    >> $250 - price has declined since. I'd recommend you look at the P series -
    >> it offers several advantages, such as save as raw,tiff,jpeg; full manual
    >> mode.- Hide quoted text -

    > Price i quoted are the RRP/List price set by Kodak and Fujifilm
    >
    > Kodak dont do a online store in AUS

    So, could you do the US online store and have it shipped there? Savings
    are pretty huge.

    ray, May 9, 2007
  9. Guest

    On May 9, 12:38 pm, ray <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 08 May 2007 16:36:54 -0700, Michael.Pasturi wrote:

    > >> Prices from??? Have you tried the Kodak online store - I've had great
    > >> experiences with their refurb products - recently got a P850 there for
    > >> $250 - price has declined since. I'd recommend you look at the P series -
    > >> it offers several advantages, such as save as raw,tiff,jpeg; full manual
    > >> mode.- Hide quoted text -

    > > Price i quoted are the RRP/List price set by Kodak and Fujifilm

    > > Kodak dont do a online store in AUS

    > So, could you do the US online store and have it shipped there? Savings
    > are pretty huge.

    Before yes, but now no, have you seen the scams and stunts pulled by
    most [but not all] the camera stores in NewYork?

    Having said that i am sure some honest traders are in USA

    I purchased my FinePix from a online in Australia and the camera
    shipped from Malaysia direct to me....

    I dont think i would purchase a Kodak now because of its *ethics* or
    lack of.

    Besides the Finepix S700/S5700 is a *better* camera

    Cheers

    > > Not interested in saving photos other than in jpeg, otherwise i would
    > > just buy a SLR- Hide quoted text -

    , May 9, 2007
  10. Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:
    > On May 9, 4:17 am, "Ron Baird" <> wrote:
    >> Hi Mike,
    >>
    >> Actually, Mike it is the retailer that sets the price you see. Also, I
    >> suspect the value of the Dollar in the market may something to do with the
    >> pric. It is something you can work through with the retailers in your area.
    >>
    >> Ron Baird
    >> Eastman Kodak Company
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message

    >>> Really tried to like and to buy a Kodak, but it seems they DON'T want
    >>> my business or money.Plain STUPID what they have done to the prices
    >>> ie
    >>> Fujifilm S700/S5700 RRP US$249 AUS$399
    >>> Kodak Z712IS RRP US$299 AUS$650
    >>> Kodak must be using a special unknown formula, they are PLAYING with
    >>> themselves if they think they can do stunts like this.
    >>> Is it no wonder Cano zoom passed them as the #1 selling brand on the
    >>> planet?
    >>> "Hello Kodak, anybody home"- Hide quoted text -

    > Thankyou for your reply today Ron.
    >
    > The retailers discount from the RRP/List price set by Kodak/Fujifilm
    >
    > Its ok seen it all before, soon as Kodak see slow sales, price will be
    > slashed to the real level.
    >

    > USA is 17 year high vs AUS dollar if anything it should be only 20%
    > more than the USA price, Japans Yen is still high vs USA$, Kodak and
    > plain greedy and stupid, when will they wake up, when they are no
    > longer in the top 10 selling digital brand.
    >
    > Frankly ANOTHER poorly run USA company, to top heavy and only worried
    > about Nth.America market and nothing more
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > M/P

    Funny, last time I looked, they were number one, worldwide. BTW, your
    bias is showing, and you seem to have ignored many changes in the past
    two years at Kodak.
    Ron Hunter, May 9, 2007
  11. ASAAR Guest

    On Wed, 09 May 2007 02:17:24 -0500, Ron Hunter wrote:

    >> Frankly ANOTHER poorly run USA company, to top heavy and only worried
    >> about Nth.America market and nothing more
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> M/P

    > Funny, last time I looked, they were number one, worldwide. BTW, your
    > bias is showing, and you seem to have ignored many changes in the past
    > two years at Kodak.

    Funny, last time I looked, Michael.Pasturi was "kinga", master of
    inane posts, and one who deserves to be ignored.
    ASAAR, May 9, 2007
  12. Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Mike,

    Wish you were here to see the changes that have been made, Mike, you would
    think otherwise. I don't know of a more streamlined high performing company
    than Kodak. Having a hard time due to issues that are out of your control
    creates a very finely honed business acumen. There is no top heavy at Kodak.
    We went from around 140,000 employees WW to between 35,000 to 40,000, losing
    100,000 jobs over the last decade or so. Kodak knows what it is doing and
    the knowledge comes from a lot of blood, sweat, and tears of those that went
    before us.

    I still strongly suggest that you review the prices with the retailers
    offering them.

    Best Regards,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, May 9, 2007
  13. ray Guest

    On Tue, 08 May 2007 21:15:25 -0700, Michael.Pasturi wrote:

    > On May 9, 12:38 pm, ray <> wrote:

    >> > Price i quoted are the RRP/List price set by Kodak and Fujifilm

    >> > Kodak dont do a online store in AUS

    >> So, could you do the US online store and have it shipped there? Savings
    >> are pretty huge.

    > Before yes, but now no, have you seen the scams and stunts pulled by
    > most [but not all] the camera stores in NewYork?

    I wasn't suggesting camera stores - how about the Kodak online store for
    refurbs?

    > Having said that i am sure some honest traders are in USA
    >
    > I purchased my FinePix from a online in Australia and the camera
    > shipped from Malaysia direct to me....
    >
    > I dont think i would purchase a Kodak now because of its *ethics* or
    > lack of.
    >
    > Besides the Finepix S700/S5700 is a *better* camera

    Possibly - but I don't do fuji anything, because of their ethics or lack
    thereof. I still recall the reports from Japan several years ago of fuji
    using their clout to prevent stores there from selling Kodak film.

    ray, May 9, 2007
  14. Guest

    Hi Ron,

    Thanks for the heads up, good to see Kodak is getting itself back on
    track, lots of other US companies can take a leaf out of that..

    Been plenty of bloodshed at Kodak Australia, film manufacture plant
    shut and sold, and heaps and heaps of jobs axed.

    Call centre is now fowarded to India [We Aussies HATE them] and lots
    of other cost cutting here downunder.

    We certainly be on the look out for the Z712IS, otherwise i will buy
    it directly from you, and you can courier it downunder after payment
    is confirmed

    Cheers

    M/P

    On May 9, 11:56 pm, "Ron Baird" <> wrote:
    > Hi Mike,
    >
    > Wish you were here to see the changes that have been made, Mike, you would
    > think otherwise. I don't know of a more streamlined high performing company
    > than Kodak. Having a hard time due to issues that are out of your control
    > creates a very finely honed business acumen. There is no top heavy at Kodak.
    > We went from around 140,000 employees WW to between 35,000 to 40,000, losing
    > 100,000 jobs over the last decade or so. Kodak knows what it is doing and
    > the knowledge comes from a lot of blood, sweat, and tears of those that went
    > before us.
    >
    > I still strongly suggest that you review the prices with the retailers
    > offering them.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    >
    > Ron Baird
    > Eastman Kodak Company
    , May 10, 2007
  15. John Turco Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi Ron,
    >
    > Thanks for the heads up, good to see Kodak is getting itself back on
    > track, lots of other US companies can take a leaf out of that..
    >
    > Been plenty of bloodshed at Kodak Australia, film manufacture plant
    > shut and sold, and heaps and heaps of jobs axed.
    >
    > Call centre is now fowarded to India [We Aussies HATE them] and lots
    > of other cost cutting here downunder.
    >
    > We certainly be on the look out for the Z712IS, otherwise i will buy
    > it directly from you, and you can courier it downunder after payment
    > is confirmed
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > M/P

    <edited, for brevity>

    Hello, Michael:

    Hey, you're my good Aussie buddy, right? You know I'm a huge Kodak fan,
    correct?

    Well, then, how 'bout this? I'll buy a Z712IS, here in the USA, and ship
    it to you, in Australia.

    Whaddaya say, eh? <g>

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>