    addressed with a new chip maker in the lastest Kodak SLR/n but now I see
    listings for an SLR/c

    Did they just drop the 'n' to avoid association with the 14/n?

    zeitgeist, May 4, 2004

  2. zeitgeist

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "zeitgeist"

    >I know about the problems with the Kodak 14/n which I understand was
    >addressed with a new chip maker in the lastest Kodak SLR/n but now I see
    >listings for an SLR/c
    >
    >Did they just drop the 'n' to avoid association with the 14/n?

    No. The 14/n takes Nikon lenses, the 14/c takes Canon EF mount lenses.

    Bill Hilton, May 4, 2004

  3. zeitgeist wrote:

    > I know about the problems with the Kodak 14/n which I understand was
    > addressed with a new chip maker in the lastest Kodak SLR/n but now I see
    > listings for an SLR/c
    >
    > Did they just drop the 'n' to avoid association with the 14/n?

    No, it has a Canon lens mount and a body based on the Sigma SD-10
    controls and made by Sigma. Kodak really do WANT to avoid
    associations... :)

    David

    David Kilpatrick, May 4, 2004
  4. zeitgeist

    Davidmystery Guest

    What's more, Kodak will retrofit the 14/n with the new improved ISO sensor
    used in the SLR/c and SLR/n, for a cost that's substantially less than a new
    dSLR. If you look at www.kodak.com, they have details posted in the
    Professional side of the site. A pretty reasonable deal, given the
    ruggedness of the Nikon body on which the 14/n and SLR/n are based.

    -Davidmystery,

    Davidmystery, May 5, 2004