    Joa Guest

    Anybody know how much this zooms? Is it fixed or does it work with
    the camera's zoom.

    Joa, Jul 22, 2004

  2. (Joa) wrote in news::

    > Anybody know how much this zooms? Is it fixed or does it work with
    > the camera's zoom.

    Remember that google is four friend!

    Just inputting your subject line into the google search engine
    and the first hit that you get is this

    http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=9/35/233/1066&pq-locale=en_US

    There you can see what cameras it is compatible with.

    This is an auxilliary lens with a fixed (unknown?) focal multiplier.
    This means that when you zoom you ordinary lens, you will zoom.
    But, an aux. lens does not work well when you zoom to wide angle;
    you will get vignetting and optical problems. So - you have to try
    how much you can zoom from max tele until you get problems. A
    guess is that you alwys shall use the aux. lens at max telephoto.

    Aux. lenses are normally not all that good. There are also other
    brands of aux. lenses that you can use. But they are probably not
    better.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Jul 22, 2004

  3. Joa

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Joa,

    The reference to 37mm relates to the thread size of the adapter and camera.
    The adapter has a 37mm thread size and is made for the camera specifically.
    If you have another camera with 37mm it would work on it as well. It does
    not zoom but is only a lens attachment.

    For a full review of this lens attachment, as well as the adapter please
    visit the following web site and choose the camera you have, or scroll down
    to the section that best fits your interest. In this case 'Lenses' where
    you will find all.

    Let me know if you have any questions after your review.

    Talk to you soon,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Jul 23, 2004
  4. Joa

    Joa Guest

    Yaa, I can google with the best of them. Problem is that I just
    couldn't find the multiplier. There's a bunch of lenses for sale on
    Ebay but I'm guessing they're cheap plastic ones since they don't
    mention glass.

    Joa, Jul 23, 2004
  5. (Joa) wrote in news::

    > Problem is that I just
    > couldn't find the multiplier.

    Hmmmm ... look at those two:
    http://www.ginnphoto.com/product.asp?pid=89
    http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=9/35/233/1066&pq-locale=en_CA&fromPage=

    The first shows a Kodak 2x multiplier lens and it referes
    to the Kodak info page, i.e. page number 2. But this clearly
    shows another aux. lens called Retinar.

    Hmmmm ..
    http://www.shop-electrical.co.uk/Digital_Cameras/Digital_Lens_Accessories.htm
    ... here it says that the Retinar is 2x.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Jul 23, 2004
  6. Joa

    Joa Guest

    Didn't see the site you are referring to- perhaps you could add it?

    While I have your attention... the DX7630 is a sweetheart of a little
    camera. Very impressive for the money. Needs a battery meter though,
    very frustrating not knowing how much juice is left.

    Joa

    Joa, Jul 24, 2004
  7. Joa

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Joa,

    Sorry I forgot the URL. Try this one.

    http://www.kodak.com/go/accessories
    and
    http://www.kodak.com/go/dx7630

    Thanks for the heads up.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Jul 26, 2004
  8. "Ron Baird" <> wrote in news:ce3gqn$dvn$:

    > Greetings Joa,
    >
    > Sorry I forgot the URL. Try this one.
    >
    > http://www.kodak.com/go/accessories
    > and
    > http://www.kodak.com/go/dx7630
    >
    > Thanks for the heads up.
    >
    > Ron Baird
    > Eastman Kodak Company

    Hi Ron - nice to see you.

    Following links from your reference, you can find the RETINAR Tele lens here:
    http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=1066&pq-locale=en_US

    But - where can I find any data sheet?
    Where does it say wether it is a 2x extender or not?

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Jul 26, 2004
  9. Joa

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Roland,

    You are quite right! I will share this with our team. It is 2X as you note
    but should be mentioned on the page. I appreciate the follow up.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Jul 27, 2004