    review, I beleive it was on Steves Digital Review site....

    From one of the pictures, it looks to me like install a new print ribbon, it
    just soret of slides into the docking station, kind of like the old Kodak
    126 Instmatic film cartridges were drop and close..... Is this a correct
    assumption???

    I'm a little concerned changing the ribbon might be some messy operation and
    I'm hoping I'm wrong......

    Also, while I'm on the subject, does the printer dock come with ribbon and
    paper already, or would I have to make sure to buy that before hand? Nothing
    worse then getting a new toy and than not being able to place with it right
    away.....

    Thanks in advance.
    Greg Kamer, Nov 27, 2003

  2. Greg Kamer

    ian Guest

    "Greg Kamer" <> wrote in message
    news:D...
    > Hi All,
    > I am buying a Kodak Easyshare digital camera and printer
    > docking station for my wife as a Christmas present. I was looking at a
    > review, I beleive it was on Steves Digital Review site....
    >
    > From one of the pictures, it looks to me like install a new print ribbon,

    it
    > just soret of slides into the docking station, kind of like the old Kodak
    > 126 Instmatic film cartridges were drop and close..... Is this a correct
    > assumption???
    >
    > I'm a little concerned changing the ribbon might be some messy operation

    and
    > I'm hoping I'm wrong......
    >
    > Also, while I'm on the subject, does the printer dock come with ribbon and
    > paper already, or would I have to make sure to buy that before hand?

    Nothing
    > worse then getting a new toy and than not being able to place with it

    right
    > away.....
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    cartridge slots in with no mess like a laser toner cartridge.

    you get a sample pack and cartridge which prints 10 photo's - this will last
    5 minutes so buy some spares! I got 4 packs of 40 and after the initial
    playing around these will last me a month or 2!

    For normal 6 x 4's this is now my main printer - cost including paper and
    ink is better (or no worse) than my epson inkjet.

    Cheers

    Ian
    ian, Nov 27, 2003

  3. Greg Kamer

    Greg Kamer Guest

    "ian" <> wrote in message

    > "Greg Kamer" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi All,
    > > I am buying a Kodak Easyshare digital camera and printer
    > > docking station for my wife as a Christmas present. I was looking at a
    > > review, I beleive it was on Steves Digital Review site....
    > >
    > > From one of the pictures, it looks to me like install a new print

    ribbon,
    > it
    > > just soret of slides into the docking station, kind of like the old

    Kodak
    > > 126 Instmatic film cartridges were drop and close..... Is this a correct
    > > assumption???
    > >
    > > I'm a little concerned changing the ribbon might be some messy operation

    > and
    > > I'm hoping I'm wrong......
    > >
    > > Also, while I'm on the subject, does the printer dock come with ribbon

    and
    > > paper already, or would I have to make sure to buy that before hand?

    > Nothing
    > > worse then getting a new toy and than not being able to place with it

    > right
    > > away.....
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > >

    > cartridge slots in with no mess like a laser toner cartridge.
    >
    > you get a sample pack and cartridge which prints 10 photo's - this will

    last
    > 5 minutes so buy some spares! I got 4 packs of 40 and after the initial
    > playing around these will last me a month or 2!
    >
    > For normal 6 x 4's this is now my main printer - cost including paper and
    > ink is better (or no worse) than my epson inkjet.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Ian

    Ian,
    Great! That's the answer I was looking for. OK< so I gotta remember
    to pick up an extra pack or 2 of paper/ribbon.... Gottcha!
    Greg Kamer, Nov 27, 2003
  4. Greg Kamer

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Greg,

    Nope you are right. It is quite easy to do, and the ribbon and paper come
    togther as a kit. They are available in 20, 40, and 80 print options (the
    later with two 40 print ribbons). I suggest you review the printers online
    and see them for yourself as well as see them at local stores for a hands on
    review. Try visiting the following site. Once you have and you have some
    additional questions, I am here for you.

    http://www.kodak.com/go/pd6000

    Talk to you soon, Greg, you are in for some great pictures.

    Best Regards,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Dec 1, 2003