    there a KODAK picture software available for this? or, is there a
    generic driver that will work with any camera?

    -- Mark R.

    Mark Rozic, Oct 7, 2004

  2. Mark Rozic

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Mark,

    Sorry to hear of your difficulty.

    Although it is not listed there is a good chance that the Picture Transfer
    Software and Camera Connection Software used with other models will work
    with this one as well. I have experimented with it and it worked in my
    testing. Please go to the following URL to download. Note that with your
    model and operating system, the share option will not work. As noted for
    your camera, the system requirements are:

    Mac OS X System Requirements
    a.. Power Mac G3, G4, G4 Cube, G5, iMac; Powerbook G3, G4; or iBook
    computers
    b.. Mac OS 10.2.3, 10.3
    c.. Apple Safari 1.0 or higher
    d.. 128 MB RAM
    e.. 200 MB of available hard drive disk space available
    f.. CD-ROM drive
    g.. Available USB port
    h.. Color monitor, 1024 x 768 pixels (thousands or millions of colors
    recommended)
    NOTE: Mac OS 8.6 and 9.x do not support the Share button functions. Mac OS X
    is recommended for full functionality.

    Go to this URL to get the Picture Software you need.

    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/downloads/dln_ekn.jhtml?ekn=EKN026079

    Get the Kodak Picture Transfer Software and the Camera Connection Software
    then retry transferring images.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Oct 7, 2004

  3. Mark Rozic

    Bill Jackson Guest

    Ron Baird wrote:
    > Greetings Mark,
    >
    > Sorry to hear of your difficulty.
    >
    > Although it is not listed there is a good chance that the Picture Transfer
    > Software and Camera Connection Software used with other models will work
    > with this one as well. I have experimented with it and it worked in my
    > testing. Please go to the following URL to download. Note that with your
    > model and operating system, the share option will not work. As noted for
    > your camera, the system requirements are:

    Mark (and Ron)

    The Kodak Picture Software that was previously supported on the MacOS
    8/9 platform will work with some cameras and not others. When we built
    the "final" version of KPS for Mac we included a number of "spare" USB
    camera ID values into it, I can't remember the number but there was
    something like 25 extras.

    That would allow the cameras to work in the future even though the
    VID/PID pairs had not yet been assigned.

    I do believe tht somewhere in the 7xxx line of cameras we did run out of
    the spares, so some of the newer cameras won't work with that older version.

    There will, of course, be a number of features of the camera that will
    not be supported (album name synchronization, address book sharing, etc)
    but the basic image transfer will work if the VID/PID for your camera is
    included in that list of spares.

    good luck

    Bill Jackson, Oct 7, 2004