    severely lose pixels/data/quality. I know there should be a simple way to
    remedy this but I am drawing a blank. Any help is appreciated. BYW, I am
    running Windows 98.

    Bob Hayden, Jul 10, 2005

  2. Bob Hayden

    Tumbleweed Guest

    "Bob Hayden" <> wrote in message
    news:5U3Ae.1932$...
    > Before going to all-digital I'm burning off my last few dozen rolls of
    > film
    > and getting Kodak Picture Disk CD-ROMs. I am very confused by Kodak's Easy
    > Share software and prefer NOT to use it, but if I just copy the pics from
    > the CD-ROM to my Hard Disk and view them with my current software (Olympus
    > Camedia), they are all upside down! And if I rotate them with Camedia, I
    > severely lose pixels/data/quality. I know there should be a simple way to
    > remedy this but I am drawing a blank. Any help is appreciated. BYW, I am
    > running Windows 98.

    What happens if you view them with something else like IE or Irfanview?
    If they really are upside down then you can use irfanview to rotate them
    all, it has a batch function and wont lose pixels.

    --
    Tumbleweed

    tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

    Tumbleweed, Jul 10, 2005

  3. Bob Hayden

    Bob Hayden Guest

    T,
    Thanks for the heads up on Irfanview...I downloaded it last year but had
    never used it. Looks like once I figured it out on how to batch it that it
    worked well.
    Bob

    Bob Hayden, Jul 11, 2005
  4. Bob Hayden

    Paul Mitchum Guest

    Bob Hayden <> wrote:

    > Before going to all-digital I'm burning off my last few dozen rolls of film
    > and getting Kodak Picture Disk CD-ROMs. I am very confused by Kodak's Easy
    > Share software and prefer NOT to use it, but if I just copy the pics from
    > the CD-ROM to my Hard Disk and view them with my current software (Olympus
    > Camedia), they are all upside down! And if I rotate them with Camedia, I
    > severely lose pixels/data/quality. I know there should be a simple way to
    > remedy this but I am drawing a blank. Any help is appreciated. BYW, I am
    > running Windows 98.

    Since they're JPEGs, you can use lossless rotation software. Google
    'jpeg lossless rotation software' and fill your needs.

    Personally, I use jpegtran for this, but it's a command-line tool, and
    doesn't sound like something you'd be comfortable with.

    HTH.

    Paul Mitchum, Jul 11, 2005
  5. Bob Hayden

    Ronald Baird Guest

    Greetings Bob,

    The images in your Picture CD relate to how they were exposed. If you shot
    portrait as well as landscape there is software in the scanning and burning
    of the Picture CD that reorients the images for you upon their use.

    If you choose to not use a Picture CD and only want the image, then the
    addenda to the image is not there and so the images appear in their original
    form.

    Your program should not resize the image unless it is designed to do this or
    you tell it to perform these functions. Your files are not lost as the
    Picture CD cannot be written to any longer and the files can be used over
    again. Not knowing the attributes of your program, I can only guess that it
    has adjustments to allow for such edits and changes as does EasyShare.

    Check the manual or instructions for Camedia and see what the settings are
    to reorient incoming files. If it works with JPG files which it likely does,
    you should be OK. If you think I can help in some other way, or if you have
    questions about EasyShare, I am glad to help.

    Talk to you soon.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ronald Baird, Jul 13, 2005