    able to autoplay a Kodak Picture CD?

    Thanks!
    Doug
    DBM, Aug 13, 2003

  2. DBM

    Dave Webb Guest

    > I have a Philips DVD724 player and I thought it can "properly" play a
    > Kodak Picture CD.

    Apologies, i'm new to this, but are these special DVD players or Picture
    CDs.

    I tried a Picture CD in my DVD player and it didn't recognise it as a valid
    disc.

    It should play DVD , VCD, MP3 ....

    Dave.
    Dave Webb, Aug 15, 2003

  3. DBM

    DBM Guest

    Try http://www.dvdrhelp.com/ for a list of compatible DVD players.
    The Philips certainly plays still JPEGs, but I was expecting easier
    interoperability with the Kodak Picture CD.

    DBM, Aug 15, 2003
  4. DBM

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Doug,

    DVD players showing the KODAK Picture CD compatible logo have been tested
    and certified by Kodak to ensure an enjoyable viewing experience. You can
    view your KODAK Picture CD pictures on those DVD players.

    Some DVD players that do not show the KODAK Picture CD compatible logo, may
    still reference KODAK Picture CD playability in their manuals. While we
    would expect these units to work correctly, Kodak has not tested them.

    Finally, other DVD players are able to play standard JPEG (.jpg) images. If
    the DVD player plays standard JPEG images, you should be able to view the
    pictures from your KODAK Picture CD on that machine. In any of these cases,
    please refer to your DVD player users manual for information about the
    ability to play JPEG images.

    New models, featuring KODAK Picture CD compatibility, are continually being
    introduced to markets throughout the world. Look for the KODAK Picture CD
    compatibility logo to assure the most complete viewing experience of your
    KODAK Picture CD using your DVD player.

    Hope this helps, Doug, if you have the Picture CD logo on your machine let
    me know.

    Talk to you soon or see you around the newsgroups.

    Ron Baird
    Kodak

    Ron Baird, Aug 20, 2003