    I know that some papers do NOT work well on some printers despite the
    manufacturer's assurance that it works on ALL inkjet printers.
    Has anybody used Kodak Premium Picture Paper on an H-P printer that uses
    #56 and #57 ink?
    How well does it work compared to H-P photo Paper?
    Bob Williams
    Robert E. Williams, Dec 12, 2003

  2. Robert E. Williams

    John Golden Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > Amazon.com has Kodak Premium Picture Paper at $20 for 50 sheets. (list
    > price $70)
    > I know that some papers do NOT work well on some printers despite the
    > manufacturer's assurance that it works on ALL inkjet printers.
    > Has anybody used Kodak Premium Picture Paper on an H-P printer that uses
    > #56 and #57 ink?
    > How well does it work compared to H-P photo Paper?
    > Bob Williams

    I use it as my everyday paper on my HP 7960. Its not quite as vivid as
    the HP Premium Plus paper, but looks nice. It takes a little longer to
    dry than the HP paper, but there is no sign of wheel marks that others
    have mentioned when using non-HP papers on the 7960. Be sure to go to
    http://www.kodak.com/US/en/digital/dlc/book1/chapter4/premiumPaper.shtml
    to get the correct settings for your printer.

    BTW, the Amazon price is OK, but this paper is always in stock at an
    attractive price at BJ's Wholesale and Costco. Staples also ran a buy
    one get one free on Kodak papers last week.
    John Golden, Dec 12, 2003

  3. "Robert E. Williams" <> wrote in message
    > Amazon.com has Kodak Premium Picture Paper at $20 for 50 sheets. (list
    > price $70)
    > I know that some papers do NOT work well on some printers despite the
    > manufacturer's assurance that it works on ALL inkjet printers.
    > Has anybody used Kodak Premium Picture Paper on an H-P printer that uses
    > #56 and #57 ink?
    > How well does it work compared to H-P photo Paper?
    > Bob Williams

    I mostly use Kodak paper in my HP 930C printer. It works fine.
    Marvin Margoshes, Dec 12, 2003
  4. John Golden wrote:

    > In article <>, says...
    > > Amazon.com has Kodak Premium Picture Paper at $20 for 50 sheets. (list
    > > price $70)
    > > I know that some papers do NOT work well on some printers despite the
    > > manufacturer's assurance that it works on ALL inkjet printers.
    > > Has anybody used Kodak Premium Picture Paper on an H-P printer that uses
    > > #56 and #57 ink?
    > > How well does it work compared to H-P photo Paper?
    > > Bob Williams
    > >

    > I use it as my everyday paper on my HP 7960. Its not quite as vivid as
    > the HP Premium Plus paper, but looks nice. It takes a little longer to
    > dry than the HP paper, but there is no sign of wheel marks that others
    > have mentioned when using non-HP papers on the 7960. Be sure to go to
    > http://www.kodak.com/US/en/digital/dlc/book1/chapter4/premiumPaper.shtml
    > to get the correct settings for your printer.
    >
    > BTW, the Amazon price is OK, but this paper is always in stock at an
    > attractive price at BJ's Wholesale and Costco. Staples also ran a buy
    > one get one free on Kodak papers last week.

    Thanks for the valuable feedback.
    Bob
    Robert E. Williams, Dec 12, 2003
  5. Robert E. Williams

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Marvin Margoshes wrote:
    > "Robert E. Williams" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Amazon.com has Kodak Premium Picture Paper at $20 for 50 sheets. (list
    >>price $70)
    >>I know that some papers do NOT work well on some printers despite the
    >>manufacturer's assurance that it works on ALL inkjet printers.
    >>Has anybody used Kodak Premium Picture Paper on an H-P printer that uses
    >>#56 and #57 ink?
    >>How well does it work compared to H-P photo Paper?
    >>Bob Williams
    >>

    > I mostly use Kodak paper in my HP 930C printer. It works fine.

    I have used various Kodak papers in several models of HP printers
    HP722C, HP545C, HP 3850, and HP PSC1350. Currently using the Kodak
    'soft gloss' photo paper with excellent results.
    Ron Hunter, Dec 12, 2003
  6. Robert E. Williams

    JRF Guest

    Don't have an HP, but I do use the Kodak paper - it can be had in high gloss
    for $18 and change for 75 sheets at Sam's Club, if you have one reasonably
    close and are a member (or know one). The soft gloss is about the same
    price for 100 sheets.

    Bob in Las Vegas
    JRF, Dec 13, 2003
  7. Robert E. Williams

    John Horner Guest

    > Amazon.com has Kodak Premium Picture Paper at $20 for 50 sheets. (list
    > price $70)
    > I know that some papers do NOT work well on some printers despite the
    > manufacturer's assurance that it works on ALL inkjet printers.
    > Has anybody used Kodak Premium Picture Paper on an H-P printer that uses
    > #56 and #57 ink?
    > How well does it work compared to H-P photo Paper?
    > Bob Williams

    Be aware that your print life can be expected to be much shorted using the
    Kodak paper than if you use HP Premium Plus Photo paper. There may also
    be some color shift issues.

    Spend some time reading the material at:

    http://www.wilhelm-research.com

    How much this matters to you depends on your application, but if you plan to
    make some prints to frame and display, expected print life is a serious
    issue. You don't really want that nice photo to be faded and color shifted
    a year or two down the line, do you?

    John
    John Horner, Dec 14, 2003
  8. Robert E. Williams

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Robert,

    Since Kodak papers are different from others, the settings need to be
    adjusted. Kodak has opted to do this by using the One Touch feature of
    EasyShare Software (a free download). The One Touch option includes
    adjustments to just about all the popular printers and related drivers.
    Kodak has a lab where nothing but printing is continually being done. We
    test our paper on all the printers and the most current driver. The final
    result is a setting for that printer that yields optimum results when
    printing with a particular Kodak paper.

    This is all provided free in the Kodak EasyShare Software. If you have
    Kodak paper and a compatible printer, your results should be excellent. If
    you have not tried the system just yet, you might want to consider it. If
    you use other paper, your driver is reset to what it was originally.

    Please review the process by going to

    http://www.kodak.com/go/onetouch
    then
    http://www.kodak.com/go/easysharesw

    Let me know how it goes, and talk to you soon.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Dec 16, 2003