Kodak P850 RAW files.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by KennyJr, Oct 16, 2005.

  1. KennyJr

    KennyJr Guest

    Looking for some information on RAW files from the Kodak P850 camera.

    1) I read on a website (don't remember which one) that the P850 saves
    its RAW files in a "slightly lossy format", is this true?

    2) What software reads RAW files from the P850?

    Also if anyone has a P850 could you send me a couple of pictures in RAW
    format to experiment with. I'd like two pictures. Picture number one I'd
    like to be underexposed by a couple of stops. Picture number two at the
    same shutter speed and ISO as number one, except with the lens cap on.
    I'd like to see if dark frame subtraction works.

    Send pictures to: kennyjr [at] floodcity [dot] net

    Thanks in advance.

    KennyJr, Oct 16, 2005

  2. KennyJr

    KennyJr Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Looking for some information on RAW files from the Kodak P850 camera.
    >
    > 1) I read on a website (don't remember which one) that the P850 saves
    > its RAW files in a "slightly lossy format", is this true?
    >
    > 2) What software reads RAW files from the P850?
    >
    > Also if anyone has a P850 could you send me a couple of pictures in RAW
    > format to experiment with. I'd like two pictures. Picture number one I'd
    > like to be underexposed by a couple of stops. Picture number two at the
    > same shutter speed and ISO as number one, except with the lens cap on.
    > I'd like to see if dark frame subtraction works.
    >
    > Send pictures to: kennyjr [at] floodcity [dot] net
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    I know someone from Kodak reads this newsgroup and can answer my
    question. I also have couple more questions to add. Here they are.

    1) I read on a website (don't remember which one) that the P850 saves
    its RAW files in a "slightly lossy format", is this true?

    2) Is noise reduction applied to all images or just those with longer
    shutter times. If all, is noise reduction applied to raw images?

    3) What software reads RAW files from the P850?

    4) Where can I find sample raw images from the P850?

    KennyJr, Oct 17, 2005