    camera. The whole thing worked for about a day before this.The main
    problem seem to be QuickTime. Is there a way to download movies without
    using QuickTime?

    Nemo, Jan 14, 2006

  2. On 13 Jan 2006 16:43:16 -0800, in rec.photo.digital "Nemo"
    <> wrote:

    >problem seem to be QuickTime. Is there a way to download movies without
    >using QuickTime?

    Card reader.
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Jan 14, 2006

  3. "Nemo" <> wrote in message
    > Well, this is becoming a book. Now Quicktime will not load. I have an
    > older version which no matter how hard I try will NOT uninstall itself.
    > This is so I can install the new version. I even went to "mindsoft" to
    > try to get rid of the files and that did not work. I have also tried
    > restore, doesn't work. The Kodak camera download is tied to the
    > Quicktime, so I am back to not able to download my movies from the
    > camera. The whole thing worked for about a day before this.The main
    > problem seem to be QuickTime. Is there a way to download movies without
    > using QuickTime?

    If you have trouble uninstalling a software, it is because a number of the
    software files (may be disk corruption) are missing so the uninstall halts.

    A good way to remedy this, is to re-install the same version of the
    QuickTime. Try to download the exact same version of QuickTime. Install it,
    and then uninstall.

    Good luck.

    Wannabe
    =======

    WannabeSomeone, Jan 14, 2006
  4. Nemo

    Nemo Guest

    Nemo, Jan 14, 2006
  5. Nemo

    Nemo Guest

    Tried that. I went to the Apple website and a "plugin did not
    initialize properly" popped up. I have tried to download several times
    but it will not open. I see many QuickTime files when I go to the
    search option. I tried mindsoft to get rid of corrupted files. Is there
    a particular Saint that takes care of computer issues? I wish I could
    read the videos without using QuickTime.

    Nemo, Jan 14, 2006
  6. Nemo

    Guest

    On 13 Jan 2006 21:21:48 -0800, "Nemo" <> wrote:

    >Tried that. I went to the Apple website and a "plugin did not
    >initialize properly" popped up. I have tried to download several times
    >but it will not open. I see many QuickTime files when I go to the
    >search option. I tried mindsoft to get rid of corrupted files. Is there
    >a particular Saint that takes care of computer issues? I wish I could
    >read the videos without using QuickTime.

    Use "Windows media player classic"
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/media_player_classic.html

    , Jan 14, 2006
  7. "Nemo" <> wrote in message
    > Tried that. I went to the Apple website and a "plugin did not
    > initialize properly" popped up. I have tried to download several times
    > but it will not open. I see many QuickTime files when I go to the
    > search option. I tried mindsoft to get rid of corrupted files. Is there
    > a particular Saint that takes care of computer issues? I wish I could
    > read the videos without using QuickTime.

    Please tell me the exact version of the QuickTime you want to uninstall and
    what platform you are using (Windows 2000, Windows XP .....?). I will try to
    download and post it for you.

    Also, what kind of file you are trying to play with the QuickTime (the file
    extension)?

    Wannabe
    =======

    WannabeSomeone, Jan 14, 2006
  8. Nemo

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Nemo wrote:
    > Well, this is becoming a book. Now Quicktime will not load. I have an
    > older version which no matter how hard I try will NOT uninstall itself.
    > This is so I can install the new version. I even went to "mindsoft" to
    > try to get rid of the files and that did not work. I have also tried
    > restore, doesn't work. The Kodak camera download is tied to the
    > Quicktime, so I am back to not able to download my movies from the
    > camera. The whole thing worked for about a day before this.The main
    > problem seem to be QuickTime. Is there a way to download movies without
    > using QuickTime?

    I am confused. Downloading is a file move operation. Quicktime has
    nothing to do with this part of the process. VIEWING the .mov file IS
    related to Quicktime. If you can't uninstall Quicktime, try downloading
    the same version, and reinstalling it, then uninstall, and install the
    current version from the Apple Quicktime site.

    Ron Hunter, Jan 14, 2006
  9. Nemo

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Nemo wrote:
    > Tried that. I went to the Apple website and a "plugin did not
    > initialize properly" popped up. I have tried to download several times
    > but it will not open. I see many QuickTime files when I go to the
    > search option. I tried mindsoft to get rid of corrupted files. Is there
    > a particular Saint that takes care of computer issues? I wish I could
    > read the videos without using QuickTime.

    You might also Google for 'quicktime alternative'.

    Ron Hunter, Jan 14, 2006
  10. Nemo

    Nemo Guest

    Nemo, Jan 14, 2006
  11. Nemo

    Nemo Guest

    I installed the latest version and then tried to uninstall it. I just
    tried the apple site again and I cannot access the download. (Only the
    iTunes will install.I am guessing it recognizes part of the previous
    installation of QuickTime and will not reinstall.) I have successfully
    reinstalled the Kodak software so I can at least download stills. The
    file extension is mov. Thanks for your help.

    Nemo, Jan 14, 2006
  12. Nemo

    Nemo Guest

    Which should I choose, Mirror 1 or Mirror 2? Thanks for your help.

    Nemo, Jan 14, 2006
  13. Nemo

    Nemo Guest

    Wannabe I tried again to download and cannot. (from Apple's) I could
    try what you suggested though I think the files are corrupted which is
    why I cannot entirely uninstall their program and load the new one.
    iTunes is the only thing it will download. I also tried downloading
    Windows classic and the quicktime alternative from the same site. The
    Windows classic will not read the mov file and the quicktime
    alternative will not download.

    Nemo, Jan 14, 2006
  14. "Nemo" <> wrote in message
    > Wannabe I tried again to download and cannot. (from Apple's) I could
    > try what you suggested though I think the files are corrupted which is
    > why I cannot entirely uninstall their program and load the new one.
    > iTunes is the only thing it will download. I also tried downloading
    > Windows classic and the quicktime alternative from the same site. The
    > Windows classic will not read the mov file and the quicktime
    > alternative will not download.

    What version of Operating Systems are you using?

    Wannabe
    =======

    WannabeSomeone, Jan 14, 2006
  15. Nemo

    Nemo Guest

    Windows xp

    Nemo, Jan 14, 2006
  16. "Nemo" <> wrote in message
    > Windows xp

    Please go to this link, download and install the media player classic:
    The description definitely says it can play QuickTime.

    If you try to run the .mov file and QuickTime still pops up, then you right
    click on the .mov file, > "open with" > "choose program", and pick media
    player classic and check "always use the selected program to open this type
    of file".

    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_players/media_player_classic.cfm
    Media Player Classic v6.4.8.7
    Media Player Classic is an extremely light-weight media player for Windows.
    It looks just like the good-old Media Player v6.4, but has lots of nice
    extra features.

    MPC has, for instance, a built in DVD player with real-time zoom, support
    for AVI subtitles, QuickTime and RealVideo support (requires QT and/or Real
    player), and lots more.

    Definitely a great replacement for the huge and clumsy Microsoft Media
    Players.

    Did you know that all Windows distributions still include the old Media
    Player v6.4? You can run it by clicking Start, Run and entering MPLAYER2.EXE

    This software is for Windows 2000/XP only!

    WannabeSomeone, Jan 14, 2006
  17. "WannabeSomeone" <> wrote in message

    > "Nemo" <> wrote in message
    >> Windows xp
    >>

    > Please go to this link, download and install the media player classic:
    > The description definitely says it can play QuickTime.
    >
    > If you try to run the .mov file and QuickTime still pops up, then you
    > right click on the .mov file, > "open with" > "choose program", and pick
    > media player classic and check "always use the selected program to open
    > this type of file".
    >
    > http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_players/media_player_classic.cfm
    > Media Player Classic v6.4.8.7
    > Media Player Classic is an extremely light-weight media player for
    > Windows. It looks just like the good-old Media Player v6.4, but has lots
    > of nice extra features.
    >
    > MPC has, for instance, a built in DVD player with real-time zoom, support
    > for AVI subtitles, QuickTime and RealVideo support (requires QT and/or
    > Real player), and lots more.
    >
    > Definitely a great replacement for the huge and clumsy Microsoft Media
    > Players.
    >
    > Did you know that all Windows distributions still include the old Media
    > Player v6.4? You can run it by clicking Start, Run and entering
    > MPLAYER2.EXE
    >
    > This software is for Windows 2000/XP only!

    Or you can try to install the whole codec pack:

    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/codecs_and_filters/k-lite_codec_pack_standard.cfm

    WannabeSomeone, Jan 14, 2006
  18. Nemo

    Nemo Guest

    Hi! I removed every file that was related to quicktime, including going
    into the registry (which I hate to do) and finally was able to download
    the latest version of quicktime. It works. Sheesh, this has taken me
    two days. Again, I had to delete everything, except those which refused
    to be deleted. This was not an easy problem to solve, but finally,
    solved. I thank all who offered suggestions and help. Each one gave me
    a new avenue to think about and try. Thanks to all!!

    Nemo, Jan 15, 2006
  19. "Nemo" <> wrote in message
    > Hi! I removed every file that was related to quicktime, including going
    > into the registry (which I hate to do) and finally was able to download
    > the latest version of quicktime. It works. Sheesh, this has taken me
    > two days. Again, I had to delete everything, except those which refused
    > to be deleted. This was not an easy problem to solve, but finally,
    > solved. I thank all who offered suggestions and help. Each one gave me
    > a new avenue to think about and try. Thanks to all!!

    Good for you. We are glad you fixed your problem.

    Wannabe
    =======

    WannabeSomeone, Jan 15, 2006
  20. Nemo

    Ron Baird Guest

    Nemo wrote:

    >Well, this is becoming a book. Now Quicktime will not load. I have an
    >older version which no matter how hard I try will NOT uninstall itself.
    >This is so I can install the new version. I even went to "mindsoft" to
    >try to get rid of the files and that did not work. I have also tried
    >restore, doesn't work. The Kodak camera download is tied to the
    >Quicktime, so I am back to not able to download my movies from the
    >camera. The whole thing worked for about a day before this.The main
    >problem seem to be QuickTime. Is there a way to download movies without
    >using QuickTime?

    Greetings Nemo,

    If you want to get the latest version of Quicktime, just go to the
    Quicktime program and, if you can, open it. In the program under the
    'help' tab/option will be an update feature. Update it from there. Once
    it is updated, you should be able to run your movies. Also, if I recall
    correctly, there is an Uninstall feature in the system that will let you
    uninstall the software by going to the Quicktime listing from the Start
    option of Windows. Have you given these a try?

    Talk to you later.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Jan 16, 2006