    my photos. If I wanted to use the Kodak software, what would I have to
    do to create "an association in the folders options control panel."
    There are many different things to choose from. Thanks!
    Nemo, Dec 28, 2005

  2. Nemo

    Smudger Guest

    "Nemo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I just purchased the Kodak p850. (I have always had Canons previously.)
    > I installed their software and ran into a problem with opening
    > attachments in email. I checked to see if a certain photo was in the
    > email I sent. I clicked on the attachment icon on the right side to
    > view the picture full screen and this came up... "This file does not
    > have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an
    > association in the folders options control panel." I had always been
    > able to view the photos in the windows picture and fax viewer. This
    > would automatically run. I contacted Kodak and they told me this was
    > not a Kodak software problem and therefore provided no help. I
    > therefore uninstalled the software and use another program to download
    > my photos. If I wanted to use the Kodak software, what would I have to
    > do to create "an association in the folders options control panel."
    > There are many different things to choose from. Thanks!

    Stay away from the Kodak software. It does nothing for you that anything
    else has to offer.
    Smudger, Dec 28, 2005

  3. Nemo

    KennyJr Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I just purchased the Kodak p850. (I have always had Canons previously.)
    > I installed their software and ran into a problem with opening
    > attachments in email. . . .

    I've got a P850 too and also had a problem with the EasyShare software.
    My problem was different, I couldn't download the pictures from the
    camera. The drive icon would show up, but I couldn't access the drive.
    In the end I just un-installed EasyShare, plugged the camera in, and let
    XP install its own drivers and everything works now.

    Despite the problem with EasyShare I love the P850. A very nice,
    powerful camera with a load of features.

    KennyJr, Dec 28, 2005
  4. Nemo

    Nemo Guest

    I uninstalled too and let the Windows program and my Microsoft Imaging
    program take care of things. I love my camera too. Too bad their
    software is always such a problem. I even have had problems when I have
    Kodak discs make with my film pictures. You would think they would be
    the easiest to use!! Well, so far their camera is great. Hope it stays
    that way!

    Nemo, Dec 28, 2005
  5. Nemo

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Nemo wrote:
    > I just purchased the Kodak p850. (I have always had Canons previously.)
    > I installed their software and ran into a problem with opening
    > attachments in email. I checked to see if a certain photo was in the
    > email I sent. I clicked on the attachment icon on the right side to
    > view the picture full screen and this came up... "This file does not
    > have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an
    > association in the folders options control panel." I had always been
    > able to view the photos in the windows picture and fax viewer. This
    > would automatically run. I contacted Kodak and they told me this was
    > not a Kodak software problem and therefore provided no help. I
    > therefore uninstalled the software and use another program to download
    > my photos. If I wanted to use the Kodak software, what would I have to
    > do to create "an association in the folders options control panel."
    > There are many different things to choose from. Thanks!

    You need to read a good Windows book on 'file associations'. The
    subject is beyond simple explanation here. Frankly, you lose nothing by
    not using the Easyshare software. Enjoy the P850.
    Ron Hunter, Dec 29, 2005
  6. Nemo

    Tom Guest

    "Nemo" <> wrote in message
    >I just purchased the Kodak p850. (I have always had Canons previously.)
    > I installed their software and ran into a problem with opening
    > attachments in email. I checked to see if a certain photo was in the
    > email I sent. I clicked on the attachment icon on the right side to
    > view the picture full screen and this came up... "This file does not
    > have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an
    > association in the folders options control panel." I had always been
    > able to view the photos in the windows picture and fax viewer. This
    > would automatically run. I contacted Kodak and they told me this was
    > not a Kodak software problem and therefore provided no help. I
    > therefore uninstalled the software and use another program to download
    > my photos. If I wanted to use the Kodak software, what would I have to
    > do to create "an association in the folders options control panel."
    > There are many different things to choose from. Thanks!

    I forwarded your message to a friend who's been having the same problem. We
    tried going to the folders options and resetting the file association for
    ..jpeg so that the computer was supposed to open them with Windows pic and
    fax viewer but it didn't make any difference. So. after reading your
    message, he opened Easyshare, clicked on "tools" there, and unclicked all
    of the file associations that Easyshare was to open. Computer will now open
    ..jpeg files with Windows pic and fax viewer. Must be something in Easyshare
    that causes the problem. So much for Kodak's belief that it isn't a Kodak
    software problem!

    Tom G.

    Tom, Dec 29, 2005
  7. Nemo

    Nemo Guest

    I'll try that. Thanks!
    Nemo, Dec 29, 2005
  8. Nemo

    Nemo Guest

    Me again! I tried what Tom suggested and it worked. I did however, have
    problems getting the program to work again when I reinstalled it. It
    wanted me to update that version when in fact it is the latest one. I
    went into search in my computer to find any residual files left behind
    from the installation and/or their picture cd's. I found plenty and
    deleted them. I have kept them in my recycle bin for the time being,
    but everything seems to be operating. I do however, get a message after
    downloading photos, but it doesn't create any problems. Sheesh, I
    should have know this would be a problem as I have even had problems
    with their picture cds. Thanks to Tom and friend. Happy New Year!
    Nemo, Dec 30, 2005
  9. Nemo

    Tom Guest

    "Nemo" <> wrote in message
    Thanks to Tom and friend. Happy New Year!

    You're welcome, and Happy New Year to you, too.

    Tom G and friend.
    Tom, Dec 30, 2005