KODAK INSTAMATIC 500 W/CASE-GERMANY-126 FILM-EBAY-$15

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by trippingtoo8track@yahoo.com, Mar 22, 2005.

  1. Guest

    , Mar 22, 2005

  2. 1.Please don't shout
    2.15 bucks for an extinct format is outrageous, even if the camera is
    "working"
    3.From the picture of the camera IMHO this camera is fit for the dustbin

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitri?s
    dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

    Dimitrios Tzortzakakis, Mar 22, 2005

  3. Ron Baird Guest

    Greetins Dimitrios,

    Actually, that was one of the few Instamatic cameras that featured
    adjustable lens and shutter options. It, along with the Instamatic Reflex
    camera, were regarded advanced in their day. You have a nice find there.
    It is worth the $15 if you are a collector. And, you can probably find
    instamatic film, somewhere, if you want to experiment.

    Talk to you soon.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Mar 22, 2005
  4. Ron Hunter Guest

    Ron Baird wrote:
    > Greetins Dimitrios,
    >
    > Actually, that was one of the few Instamatic cameras that featured
    > adjustable lens and shutter options. It, along with the Instamatic Reflex
    > camera, were regarded advanced in their day. You have a nice find there.
    > It is worth the $15 if you are a collector. And, you can probably find
    > instamatic film, somewhere, if you want to experiment.
    >
    > Talk to you soon.
    >
    > Ron Baird
    > Eastman Kodak Company

    I got great pictures from an Instamatic 42. It consistently produced
    great pictures.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Mar 22, 2005
  5. I agree.I had also an instamatic agfa when a kid, was using flashcubes, and
    had two shutter settings, one for sunny, and one for cloudy weather.I don't
    know what has become of it, though.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

    Dimitrios Tzortzakakis, Mar 23, 2005
  6. On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:32:34 -0500, "Ron Baird" <>
    wrote:

    >Actually, that was one of the few Instamatic cameras that featured
    >adjustable lens and shutter options. It, along with the Instamatic Reflex
    >camera, were regarded advanced in their day. You have a nice find there.
    >It is worth the $15 if you are a collector. And, you can probably find
    >instamatic film, somewhere, if you want to experiment.

    Since I have SLR's in 110, APS, 35mm, and 645 formats, I thought about
    getting an Instamatic Reflex to round out the set. Ferrania still
    makes the film, and I can even find flashcubes. But a) she who must
    be obeyed isn't thrilled with the idea (something about too many
    cameras), and b) those unobtainable PX-825 batteries.

    --
    Michael Benveniste --

    Michael Benveniste, Mar 24, 2005
  7. Ron Baird Guest

    Yes, I understand a) and of course b). I think there may still be some of
    them around that will fit?

    Talk to you soon,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company