Kodak G610 Crashes MY PC

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by MrGBojangles, Dec 31, 2007.

  1. MrGBojangles

    MrGBojangles Guest

    I have had a Kodak C743 Camera for about a year. I had the small
    recharging dock connected to my PC with no problems. I was able to
    transfer etc using Kodak EasyShare software and everything was OK.

    Last week I got a Kodak G610 Printer Dock as a gift. I disconnected
    the old dock and attached the G610. I had to go to the Kodak site and
    download a driver for the G610 and the PC (running XP) recognized it.

    Everything was OK for about an hour. Then I got the blue screen of
    death. After several reboots when the BSOD recurred, I disconnected
    the G610 and reverted back to the prior day's settings using XP's
    Restore option.

    Questions:
    1. Has anyone else experienced this?
    2. Does anyone have any advice on a workaround?

    I would like the convenience of using only one dock but am afraid to
    try to reconnect the G610. Maybe I should just return it?

    Thanks

    Bojangles

    MrGBojangles, Dec 31, 2007

  2. MrGBojangles

    Robert Coe Guest

    :
    : Last week I got a Kodak G610 Printer Dock as a gift. I disconnected
    : the old dock and attached the G610. I had to go to the Kodak site and
    : download a driver for the G610 and the PC (running XP) recognized it.
    :
    : Everything was OK for about an hour. Then I got the blue screen of
    : death. After several reboots when the BSOD recurred, I disconnected
    : the G610 and reverted back to the prior day's settings using XP's
    : Restore option.
    :
    : Questions:
    : 1. Has anyone else experienced this?
    : 2. Does anyone have any advice on a workaround?
    :
    : I would like the convenience of using only one dock but am afraid to
    : try to reconnect the G610. Maybe I should just return it?

    Before you do that, you might want to go to the Microsoft Web site and pick up
    the "release candidate" of Service Pack 3 for XP. Maybe the problem is known
    and has been fixed.

    Normally I'm not a fan of beta-testing operating systems. But this case may be
    an exception. You have a good reason to want to do it, and I'm told that SP3
    is in pretty good shape.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jan 2, 2008

  3. MrGBojangles

    Mr. Strat Guest

    In article <>, Robert Coe
    <> wrote:

    > Before you do that, you might want to go to the Microsoft Web site and pick up
    > the "release candidate" of Service Pack 3 for XP. Maybe the problem is known
    > and has been fixed.

    Great advice. Nothing like running beta software and then wondering why
    your computer is dorked up.

    Mr. Strat, Jan 2, 2008
  4. MrGBojangles

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 21:01:09 -0800, "Mr. Strat" <>
    wrote:
    : In article <>, Robert Coe
    : <> wrote:
    :
    : > Before you do that, you might want to go to the Microsoft Web site and pick
    : > up the "release candidate" of Service Pack 3 for XP. Maybe the problem is
    : > known and has been fixed.
    :
    : Great advice. Nothing like running beta software and then wondering why
    : your computer is dorked up.

    I notice that you omitted the part of my post that sort of agreed with you.
    But that's OK, because the omission gave you a chance to deliver one of your
    customary sarcastic ripostes. After all, what are friends for?

    In Windows XP there's a fairly easy way to revert to an earlier OS image if,
    say, a service pack you install turns out to do more harm than good. In all
    honesty, I guess I wouldn't expect you to know that; but the OP, an actual
    Windows XP user, might.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jan 2, 2008