    Thanks (thinking about the purchase of one of their P series cameras.
    I like Kodak cameras, but now I'm up to $350 and I don't want something
    built, electronically, on the edge. Other cameras have these problems?)

    hfs2, Nov 13, 2006

  2. I have Kodak P850 which crashes very often and very random. I cannot
    duplicate it or force it to crush in order to troubleshoot it. It just
    freezes in fully active position. This is extremely annoying, because I use
    it for aerial photos while flying a weight shift ultralight. I have to
    remove batteries in flight and reinstall them, which is not very safe
    action. It usually freezes in flight.

    Jan

    "hfs2" <> wrote in message
    >I don't read this about other cameras.... units "crashing" and
    > "freezing".
    > My dx4330 does, once and a while. Does Kodak have a stability problem?
    > Firmware? Power? Any comments.
    > Thanks (thinking about the purchase of one of their P series cameras.
    > I like Kodak cameras, but now I'm up to $350 and I don't want something
    > built, electronically, on the edge. Other cameras have these problems?)

    It has removed 74 spam emails to date.
    Try SPAMfighter for free now!

    Jan Nademlejnsky, Nov 14, 2006

  3. hfs2

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Jan Nademlejnsky wrote:
    > I have Kodak P850 which crashes very often and very random. I cannot
    > duplicate it or force it to crush in order to troubleshoot it. It just
    > freezes in fully active position. This is extremely annoying, because I use
    > it for aerial photos while flying a weight shift ultralight. I have to
    > remove batteries in flight and reinstall them, which is not very safe
    > action. It usually freezes in flight.
    >
    > Jan

    Have you considered vibration as a possible cause. Does the freeze
    happen when turning the camera on, or when taking pictures?

    Ron Hunter, Nov 14, 2006
  4. hfs2

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings HFS2,

    I had a DX4330 for a couple of years and enjoyed it a lot.I built my web
    site using that camera and others. Never had an issue with it as far as
    firmware goes. What you need to be sure of is a proper power supply. Make
    sure the battery is correctly charged and that it delivers all the power you
    need for your shooting. If you see the power symbol come on trade out the
    batteries before they go dead. I always carried a second battery just to
    make sure. Had a wall charger as well as the dock.

    As to the P880, you will be well pleased with the camera. It is a terrific
    model and at the top of the chain at Kodak. Lithium power supplies will last
    a good long time and should do well for you. The technology is there and
    will yield some great results. Camera has many options.

    Talk to you soon, let me know if you think I can help.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Nov 14, 2006
  5. Hi Ron,

    The vibration or temperature are no issues. Camera was on my neck (no
    vibration) and it was worm. I have been taking aerial photos for many years
    with many different cameras, but this is the first problem. I mounted
    cameras on wing, took pictures in winter and it always worked, until this
    new Kodak. It could be interference from radio?
    Jan

    "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    > Jan Nademlejnsky wrote:
    >> I have Kodak P850 which crashes very often and very random. I cannot
    >> duplicate it or force it to crush in order to troubleshoot it. It just
    >> freezes in fully active position. This is extremely annoying, because I
    >> use it for aerial photos while flying a weight shift ultralight. I have
    >> to remove batteries in flight and reinstall them, which is not very safe
    >> action. It usually freezes in flight.
    >>
    >> Jan
    >>

    > Have you considered vibration as a possible cause. Does the freeze happen
    > when turning the camera on, or when taking pictures?

    It has removed 75 spam emails to date.
    Try SPAMfighter for free now!

    Jan Nademlejnsky, Nov 15, 2006
  6. hfs2

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Jan,

    Sorry to hear that Jan, are you taking a series of pictures when you are
    doing this, i.e. taking a lot of pictures in sequence? Is the power supply
    fully charged before flight? Is there one particular thing you are doing
    when it freezes? What is your basic action when this happens?

    Talk to you soon,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Nov 15, 2006