    Kodak wants $125 for looking at repairing it. This seems to be a decent
    camera and I would like to repair it if the cost is less than $50,

    Thanks for any help.
    R Kannan, Sep 6, 2008

  2. R Kannan

    Robert Barr Guest

    A typical ebay price for this camera is about $110 or so, so don't get
    too carried away with repair. You'll also find non-working units with
    electronic problems for about $20 shipped, if you feel like dissecting a
    parts camera & trying a do-it-yourself fix.

    Robert Barr, Sep 7, 2008

  3. R Kannan

    R Kannan Guest

    Robert Barr wrote:

    > A typical ebay price for this camera is about $110 or so, so don't get
    > too carried away with repair. You'll also find non-working units with
    > electronic problems for about $20 shipped, if you feel like dissecting a
    > parts camera & trying a do-it-yourself fix.
    >
    > R Kannan wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I accidentally dropped my 20 month old Kodak Easyshare camera. The outer
    >> telephoto lens came off along with retainer plastic ring and another
    >> plastic interior ring with a square opening. The lens is damaged. Is
    >> there a way to salvage this camera by replacing the outer lens from
    >> another (I found one on eBay). It looks like the outer ring can be easily
    >> removed / replaced.
    >>
    >> Kodak wants $125 for looking at repairing it. This seems to be a decent
    >> camera and I would like to repair it if the cost is less than $50,
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help.

    Thanks. I found out that the outer lens could be easily replaced. I am going
    to try and get one non-working unit from ebay.
    R Kannan, Sep 7, 2008
  4. R Kannan

    Guest

    On Sep 6, 7:01 am, R Kannan <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I accidentally dropped my 20 month old Kodak Easyshare camera. The outer
    > telephoto lens came off along with retainer plastic ring and another
    > plastic interior ring with a square opening. The lens is damaged. Is there
    > a way to salvage this camera by replacing the outer lens from another (I
    > found one on eBay). It looks like the outer ring can be easily removed /
    > replaced.
    >
    > Kodak wants $125 for looking at repairing it. This seems to be a decent
    > camera and I would like to repair it if the cost is less than $50,
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    What is the damage to the lens. I am not at all sure from your
    description because I am not familiar with that camera.

    If the lens has a small chip or two or a couple of scratches, all
    you need is to blacken them damaged parts with a fine point black felt
    pen. If you are talking about mechanical parts, Sorry I don't have
    the slightest idea.
    , Sep 7, 2008
  5. R Kannan

    R Kannan Guest

    wrote:

    > On Sep 6, 7:01 am, R Kannan <> wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I accidentally dropped my 20 month old Kodak Easyshare camera. The outer
    >> telephoto lens came off along with retainer plastic ring and another
    >> plastic interior ring with a square opening. The lens is damaged. Is
    >> there a way to salvage this camera by replacing the outer lens from
    >> another (I found one on eBay). It looks like the outer ring can be easily
    >> removed / replaced.
    >>
    >> Kodak wants $125 for looking at repairing it. This seems to be a decent
    >> camera and I would like to repair it if the cost is less than $50,
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help.

    > What is the damage to the lens. I am not at all sure from your
    > description because I am not familiar with that camera.
    >
    > If the lens has a small chip or two or a couple of scratches, all
    > you need is to blacken them damaged parts with a fine point black felt
    > pen. If you are talking about mechanical parts, Sorry I don't have
    > the slightest idea.

    The lens (which seems to be made of two pieces) is chipped about 15-20% of
    the surface on one side. Also one of the two rings that hold it in position
    fell off and missing. I found a non-working unit on ebay and if there is no
    damage to the lens, I will go ahead and buy it.
    R Kannan, Sep 8, 2008