    Chas Varner Guest

    I've been a digital camera user for about 12 years, having owned about 6 cameras over that span. A couple of my earlier ones were Kodak models, and Iinstalled Kodak Eashshare software to my computer, from the disks indludedwith the cameras, and have enjoyed using it to crop, rotate, and otherwiseimprove my shots. In later years,even after I moved on to other camera types (Olympus, for example), I continued to use Easyshare, now & then downloading the latest version from Kodak. A couple of weeks back I bought a newcomputer, one with the Windows 7 operating system, and last night went online to download Easyshare, and was told it is no longer available for download. (I tried one of my old Easyshare disks, for Easyshare Version 8.0, but was told it is incompatible with my new computer.)

    In case anyone knows, is there anything comparable to Easyshare available, either for free download, or for a price?
    Chas Varner, Oct 10, 2012

  2. Chas Varner

    ray Guest

    On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 13:30:46 -0700, Chas Varner wrote:

    > I've been a digital camera user for about 12 years, having owned about 6
    > cameras over that span. A couple of my earlier ones were Kodak models,
    > and I installed Kodak Eashshare software to my computer, from the disks
    > indluded with the cameras, and have enjoyed using it to crop, rotate,
    > and otherwise improve my shots. In later years,even after I moved on to
    > other camera types (Olympus, for example), I continued to use Easyshare,
    > now & then downloading the latest version from Kodak. A couple of weeks
    > back I bought a new computer, one with the Windows 7 operating system,
    > and last night went online to download Easyshare, and was told it is no
    > longer available for download. (I tried one of my old Easyshare disks,
    > for Easyshare Version 8.0, but was told it is incompatible with my new
    > computer.)
    >
    > In case anyone knows, is there anything comparable to Easyshare
    > available, either for free download, or for a price?

    There are a flock of freely available photo editors. GIMP is free, cross-
    platform and would certainly do all you've mentioned and more - it would
    probably be overkill, but that would be one possibility.
    ray, Oct 11, 2012

  3. Chas Varner

    Mort Guest

    ray wrote:
    > On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 13:30:46 -0700, Chas Varner wrote:
    >
    >> I've been a digital camera user for about 12 years, having owned about 6
    >> cameras over that span. A couple of my earlier ones were Kodak models,
    >> and I installed Kodak Eashshare software to my computer, from the disks
    >> indluded with the cameras, and have enjoyed using it to crop, rotate,
    >> and otherwise improve my shots. In later years,even after I moved on to
    >> other camera types (Olympus, for example), I continued to use Easyshare,
    >> now & then downloading the latest version from Kodak. A couple of weeks
    >> back I bought a new computer, one with the Windows 7 operating system,
    >> and last night went online to download Easyshare, and was told it is no
    >> longer available for download. (I tried one of my old Easyshare disks,
    >> for Easyshare Version 8.0, but was told it is incompatible with my new
    >> computer.)
    >>
    >> In case anyone knows, is there anything comparable to Easyshare
    >> available, either for free download, or for a price?

    > There are a flock of freely available photo editors. GIMP is free, cross-
    > platform and would certainly do all you've mentioned and more - it would
    > probably be overkill, but that would be one possibility.

    Hi,

    I am having good results with Picasa 3 from Google, which is free. It is
    easy to learn how to use it, and you can sharpen, crop, rotate,type
    titles,adjust color balance, contrast, etc., and even do some simple
    retouching.In addition, you can use it for printing images, and for
    sending images by e-mail. It just copies pictures from other sources,
    e.g. the "my pictures" in Windows, so even if you ruin the Picasa copy,
    the original image is still there on your hard drive. In addition, any
    change that you make is instantly visible, and one-click reversible. The
    EXIF data are displayed.

    Regards,

    Mort Linder
    Mort, Oct 11, 2012
  4. Chas Varner

    David Taylor Guest

    On 10/10/2012 21:30, Chas Varner wrote:
    > I've been a digital camera user for about 12 years, having owned about 6 cameras over that span. A couple of my earlier ones were Kodak models, and I installed Kodak Eashshare software to my computer, from the disks indluded with the cameras, and have enjoyed using it to crop, rotate, and otherwise improve my shots. In later years,even after I moved on to other camera types (Olympus, for example), I continued to use Easyshare, now & then downloading the latest version from Kodak. A couple of weeks back I bought a new computer, one with the Windows 7 operating system, and last night went online to download Easyshare, and was told it is no longer available for download. (I tried one of my old Easyshare disks, for Easyshare Version 8.0, but was told it is incompatible with my new computer.)
    >
    > In case anyone knows, is there anything comparable to Easyshare available, either for free download, or for a price?

    If you have the appropriate version of Windows-7, you can download the
    Windows-XP mode and that may allow you to install the software:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx
    --
    Cheers,
    David
    David Taylor, Oct 11, 2012
  5. Chas Varner

    Mayayana Guest

    According to this....

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodak_EasyShare_Z730

    .....the software is still available but no longer hosted
    by Kodak. There's a download here:

    http://www.majorgeeks.com/Kodak_EasyShare_Software_d5226.html

    (Majorgeeks may look a bit silly when you see their
    layout design, but they're actually one of the few
    trustworthy, dependable software sites left. Many now
    require that you infest your computer with their software
    in order to use their site, then wrap the hosted software
    with adware, spyware and who-knows-what-else.)
    Mayayana, Oct 11, 2012
  6. Chas Varner

    Bruce Guest

    David Taylor <> wrote:

    >On 10/10/2012 21:30, Chas Varner wrote:
    >> I've been a digital camera user for about 12 years, having owned about 6 cameras over that span. A couple of my earlier ones were Kodak models, and I installed Kodak Eashshare software to my computer, from the disks indluded with the cameras, and have enjoyed using it to crop, rotate, and otherwise improve my shots. In later years,even after I moved on to other camera types (Olympus, for example), I continued to use Easyshare, now & then downloading the latest version from Kodak. A couple of weeks back I bought a new computer, one with the Windows 7 operating system, and last night went online to download Easyshare, and was told it is no longer available for download. (I tried one of my old Easyshare disks, for Easyshare Version 8.0, but was told it is incompatible with my new computer.)
    >>
    >> In case anyone knows, is there anything comparable to Easyshare available, either for free download, or for a price?

    >If you have the appropriate version of Windows-7, you can download the
    >Windows-XP mode and that may allow you to install the software:
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

    That's a good idea, David.

    Another way is to buy an inexpensive laptop or netbook with XP
    installed and use that for the Kodak software.
    Bruce, Oct 11, 2012
  7. On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 13:30:46 -0700 (PDT), Chas Varner
    <> wrote:

    >(I tried one of my old Easyshare disks, for Easyshare Version 8.0, but was told it is incompatible with my new computer.)

    Load it in 'compatability' mode.
    Grimly Curmudgeon, Oct 13, 2012
  8. Chas Varner

    OG Guest

    On 10/10/2012 21:30, Chas Varner wrote:
    > I've been a digital camera user for about 12 years, having owned about 6 cameras over that span. A couple of my earlier ones were Kodak models, and I installed Kodak Eashshare software to my computer, from the disks indluded with the cameras, and have enjoyed using it to crop, rotate, and otherwise improve my shots. In later years,even after I moved on to other camera types (Olympus, for example), I continued to use Easyshare, now & then downloading the latest version from Kodak. A couple of weeks back I bought a new computer, one with the Windows 7 operating system, and last night went online to download Easyshare, and was told it is no longer available for download. (I tried one of my old Easyshare disks, for Easyshare Version 8.0, but was told it is incompatible with my new computer.)
    >
    > In case anyone knows, is there anything comparable to Easyshare available, either for free download, or for a price?

    Picasa will be a good place to start.
    OG, Oct 14, 2012
  9. Chas Varner

    Guest

    For all these questions I found answer in one review site... I dont know if I can post the address here, but it's there http://www.photo-videocameras.com/?p=1180 you just need to find what you want. :) You are welcome.
    , Oct 15, 2012