    be done BEFORE the camera is connected to the computer. Hope what I say make
    sense :)

    Tom
    T. Atkin, May 22, 2006

  2. T. Atkin

    Lobby Dosser Guest

    "T. Atkin" <> wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I would like to transfert pictures from a Kodak C533 to a Windows XP2
    > computer. If possible, I prefer not to install the EasyShare software
    > and transfert picture directly.
    >
    > Can the digicam be recognized as Mass Media Storage by Windows so I
    > can avoid EasyShare installation?
    >
    > (I have to ask because, if the digicam is NOT recognized if I connect
    > it first, it may screw up the EasyShare installation. And the
    > installation must be done BEFORE the camera is connected to the
    > computer. Hope what I say make sense :)
    >

    > Tom

    Transfer the pictures on compact flash. You can buy a reader for the
    cumputer for about $5-10.
    Lobby Dosser, May 22, 2006

  3. T. Atkin

    Ron Hunter Guest

    T. Atkin wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I would like to transfert pictures from a Kodak C533 to a Windows XP2
    > computer. If possible, I prefer not to install the EasyShare software and
    > transfert picture directly.
    >
    > Can the digicam be recognized as Mass Media Storage by Windows so I can
    > avoid EasyShare installation?
    >
    > (I have to ask because, if the digicam is NOT recognized if I connect it
    > first, it may screw up the EasyShare installation. And the installation must
    > be done BEFORE the camera is connected to the computer. Hope what I say make
    > sense :)
    >

    > Tom

    Just plug in the camera, and see if you get an entry for a drive in the
    file manager. If not, then a card reader is a simple thing to buy and
    use, and will do the transfers much faster, and without loading the
    Easyshare software. It is also possible to load ONLY the device driver
    portion of Easyshare software.
    Ron Hunter, May 22, 2006
  4. T. Atkin

    T. Atkin Guest

    "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    > T. Atkin wrote:
    >> Hi everyone,
    >>
    >> I would like to transfert pictures from a Kodak C533 to a Windows XP2
    >> computer. If possible, I prefer not to install the EasyShare software and
    >> transfert picture directly.
    >>
    >> Can the digicam be recognized as Mass Media Storage by Windows so I can
    >> avoid EasyShare installation?
    >>
    >> (I have to ask because, if the digicam is NOT recognized if I connect it
    >> first, it may screw up the EasyShare installation. And the installation
    >> must be done BEFORE the camera is connected to the computer. Hope what I
    >> say make sense :)
    >>

    >> Tom
    >>

    > Just plug in the camera, and see if you get an entry for a drive in the
    > file manager. If not, then a card reader is a simple thing to buy and
    > use, and will do the transfers much faster, and without loading the
    > Easyshare software. It is also possible to load ONLY the device driver
    > portion of Easyshare software.

    If I can only load the driver, it suits me.

    Thanks!
    Tom
    T. Atkin, May 22, 2006