Kodak EasyShare Software Question

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Lou Leciejewski, Oct 26, 2007.

  1. I have a Kodak Z612 Digital Camera and it came with the Kodak EasyShare
    Software. After recently downloading an update for the EasyShare Software,
    I experienced some difficulties when transferring pictures from the camera
    to my PC. I then totally removed the EasyShare Software from my Windows XP
    PC and am back to using the Windows XP Wizard when I transfer pictures and
    they now go correctly into the "My Pictures" Folder ONLY when I transfer
    pics to the PC and I am very happy with that and want it to remain where
    the pics I transfer wind up ONLY into the "My Pictures" Folder and NOT into
    the Kodak EasyShare Software.

    What I will miss is some of the editing features that came with Kodak
    EasyShare like the "Spotlight Effect", "Black & White Effect", "Forest",
    etc. If I were to download the Kodak Software again, I would want to use
    ONLY those "effects" for editing pictures. Is that possible??

    I was told Photoshop Elements may be nice and I wonder if anyone who has
    used it for editing knows if effects like "spotlight", etc are included in
    that software too.

    Thanks in advance for any assistance or input you may offer. I am fairly
    new to using the PC & Software with digital photography.

    Regards,
    Lou
    Lou Leciejewski, Oct 26, 2007

  2. Lou Leciejewski

    John Turco Guest

    Lou Leciejewski wrote:

    > I have a Kodak Z612 Digital Camera and it came with the Kodak EasyShare
    > Software. After recently downloading an update for the EasyShare Software,
    > I experienced some difficulties when transferring pictures from the camera
    > to my PC. I then totally removed the EasyShare Software from my Windows XP
    > PC and am back to using the Windows XP Wizard when I transfer pictures and
    > they now go correctly into the "My Pictures" Folder ONLY when I transfer
    > pics to the PC and I am very happy with that and want it to remain where
    > the pics I transfer wind up ONLY into the "My Pictures" Folder and NOT into
    > the Kodak EasyShare Software.

    Hello, Lou:

    A card reader is a better way, to transfer photos to your computer.

    > What I will miss is some of the editing features that came with Kodak
    > EasyShare like the "Spotlight Effect", "Black & White Effect", "Forest",
    > etc. If I were to download the Kodak Software again, I would want to use
    > ONLY those "effects" for editing pictures. Is that possible??

    No, as you'd still need to "import" images, as it were. Just click the
    "Add Pictures" button (on the top-left part of the EasyShare screen),
    in order to do so.

    > I was told Photoshop Elements may be nice and I wonder if anyone who has
    > used it for editing knows if effects like "spotlight", etc are included in
    > that software too.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any assistance or input you may offer. I am fairly
    > new to using the PC & Software with digital photography.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Lou

    Well, personally, I prefer Paint Shop Pro. It's nearly as advanced as
    Photoshop, and yet, much cheaper and far simpler to use.

    Good luck!

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>
    John Turco, Nov 4, 2007