    Anyone else experience this?

    Thanks,
    Bruce
    Bruce, Sep 10, 2004

  2. What version?

    In the 3.x releases EasyShare transfers pictures to a Kodak server that then
    "remails" them on your behalf. The servers are processing something like
    1.5M messages per week, so depending on time of day, they can take longer
    than "instant"

    Sending things with an email client that connects directly to an ISP can be
    faster in most instances, however the user tehn has to understand what a
    SMTP mail client is and how to configure the email part of EasyShare.

    We opted for the remail because out of the box EasyShare will work without
    any configuration.

    PS. EasyShare 4.x will upload the picture to ofoto which will then send
    your recipients a link to view the pictures on line. This gets rid of the
    problem of many ISP's bouncing emails that were larger than 1MB or 2MB (and
    in some cases 5MB) since the links are small. It also doesn't require the
    recipient to download a large attachment of several pictures only to find
    out that they really only liked one of them. (attachments are
    download-before-read, links are read first)

    "Bruce" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm running WinXP Home, and Outlook Express (OE) 6.0
    >
    > When I use Kodak EasyShare to email a pictire to myself, or anyone else,

    it

    William Jackson, Sep 10, 2004

  3. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    "William Jackson" <> wrote in

    > What version?
    >
    > In the 3.x releases EasyShare transfers pictures to a Kodak server
    > that then "remails" them on your behalf. The servers are processing
    > something like 1.5M messages per week, so depending on time of day,
    > they can take longer than "instant"
    >
    > Sending things with an email client that connects directly to an ISP
    > can be faster in most instances, however the user tehn has to
    > understand what a SMTP mail client is and how to configure the email
    > part of EasyShare.
    >
    > We opted for the remail because out of the box EasyShare will work
    > without any configuration.
    >
    > PS. EasyShare 4.x will upload the picture to ofoto which will then
    > send your recipients a link to view the pictures on line. This gets
    > rid of the problem of many ISP's bouncing emails that were larger than
    > 1MB or 2MB (and in some cases 5MB) since the links are small. It
    > also doesn't require the recipient to download a large attachment of
    > several pictures only to find out that they really only liked one of
    > them. (attachments are download-before-read, links are read first)
    >

    > "Bruce" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm running WinXP Home, and Outlook Express (OE) 6.0
    >>
    >> When I use Kodak EasyShare to email a pictire to myself, or anyone
    >> else,

    > it
    >> always takes at least 60 minutes to arrive.
    >>
    >> If I simply attach the same picture to an OE email, it always arrives
    >> within minutes.
    >>
    >> Anyone else experience this?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Bruce

    Thanks, very interesting. I found the smtp setting in VistaEmail.ini, and
    I entered my ISP's smtp, but now I get a message that says the connection
    to the Kodak email server was temporarily interrupted. Guess it's not
    recognizing the new smtp. I suspect there's another setting in that .ini,
    or perhaps an OE plug in has to be entered.

    Bruce
    Bruce, Sep 10, 2004
  4. Bruce

    Bruce Guest

    Bruce <> wrote in

    > "William Jackson" <> wrote in
    >
    >> What version?
    >>
    >> In the 3.x releases EasyShare transfers pictures to a Kodak server
    >> that then "remails" them on your behalf. The servers are processing
    >> something like 1.5M messages per week, so depending on time of day,
    >> they can take longer than "instant"
    >>
    >> Sending things with an email client that connects directly to an ISP
    >> can be faster in most instances, however the user tehn has to
    >> understand what a SMTP mail client is and how to configure the email
    >> part of EasyShare.
    >>
    >> We opted for the remail because out of the box EasyShare will work
    >> without any configuration.
    >>
    >> PS. EasyShare 4.x will upload the picture to ofoto which will then
    >> send your recipients a link to view the pictures on line. This gets
    >> rid of the problem of many ISP's bouncing emails that were larger
    >> than 1MB or 2MB (and in some cases 5MB) since the links are small.
    >> It also doesn't require the recipient to download a large attachment
    >> of several pictures only to find out that they really only liked one
    >> of them. (attachments are download-before-read, links are read first)
    >>

    >> "Bruce" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I'm running WinXP Home, and Outlook Express (OE) 6.0
    >>>
    >>> When I use Kodak EasyShare to email a pictire to myself, or anyone
    >>> else,

    >> it
    >>> always takes at least 60 minutes to arrive.
    >>>
    >>> If I simply attach the same picture to an OE email, it always
    >>> arrives within minutes.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone else experience this?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Bruce

    > Thanks, very interesting. I found the smtp setting in VistaEmail.ini,
    > and I entered my ISP's smtp, but now I get a message that says the
    > connection to the Kodak email server was temporarily interrupted.
    > Guess it's not recognizing the new smtp. I suspect there's another
    > setting in that .ini, or perhaps an OE plug in has to be entered.
    >
    > Bruce

    ps
    I'm using version 3.4.1
    Bruce, Sep 10, 2004
  5. That setting is not designed to be changed to your SMTP server, but it will
    often work. However, the error messages are designed for the default
    workflow since we don't really support changing those settings.

    Thus when your mail server doesn't respond, we tell you that the Kodak
    server is not responding.

    William Jackson, Sep 10, 2004
  6. Bruce

    Matt Guest

    On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 18:51:39 +0000 (UTC), Bruce
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks, very interesting. I found the smtp setting in VistaEmail.ini, and
    >I entered my ISP's smtp, but now I get a message that says the connection
    >to the Kodak email server was temporarily interrupted. Guess it's not
    >recognizing the new smtp. I suspect there's another setting in that .ini,
    >or perhaps an OE plug in has to be entered.

    If you change that, it sends DIRECTLY through the selected SMTP
    server.

    It needs to be one that is accessible without further authentication
    (your ISP, by being connected to it at the time) and you may also need
    to enter "YourEmail=" as an address (despammed if you like) that is at
    your ISP, otherwise the server may kick it as a relay attempt.

    Another alternative, is to use a desktop SMTP client, but some ISPs
    will not permit sendinding that way (good for them, nukes spam), and
    others will not permit receiving from them (I wish mine did that, it'd
    nuke 99.9% of all known spam!)

    If you have an outside mail server that requires pop before SMTP
    authentication, try this:
    http://www.zenz-solutions.de/mailproxy/english.htm

    Or if you wish to try desktop SMTP (and if there was any sanity, EVERY
    ISP would block this both in and out), try:
    http://www.postcastserver.com/

    --
    I may be dozzzy, but take the ZZZ's out to mail me
    http://www.junkroom.freeserve.co.uk/jvc2080.htm - 2x2x24 CD-RW troubles

    If you drop a cactus, don't try to catch it!
    Matt, Sep 14, 2004