    I will be travelling to Amsterdam, England and Ireland. I have a Kodak 6490 camera and charge it using the Easyshare dock. Is it safe to take the dock with me and use electric converters in these countries, to plug in the dock?

    I ask, because a few years ago, we used a converter with a hairdryer and fried it, so I am a little concerned.

    Thanks.
    Bill Brauker, Apr 9, 2004

  2. Bill Brauker

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Bill,

    The Dock 6000 uses a 100 - 240 Volt adapter that will work with most power supplies around the world. What you will need, however, is a plug adapter to fit the plug types in different parts of the world. Do not confuse a plug adapter with a voltage regulator. They are quite different. You do not need to get a voltage adapter, just the right plugs.

    Kodak does sell a travel kit for around $30 or so, that includes the adapters, a NiMH battery that you would not be able to use, and a nice carry bag. Great for traveling.

    Talk to you soo. Let me know if you do decide on the travel kit. it is on the Kodak website.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Apr 9, 2004

  3. Bill Brauker

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Bill,

    The adapter for the DX6490 dock has a rating for 100 > 240 volts and will work on most power supplies. What you are going to need are plug adapters, as the plug is for US outlets and requires adapters for the variations in plugs.

    Talk to you soon, and enjoy your trip, your trip sounds quite exciting.

    Talk to you soon.

    Ron Baird, Apr 12, 2004