    Advantages/disadvantages? Will be using this with Windows XP

    TIA,
    Bowman

    Bowman, Mar 2, 2005

  2. Bowman

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Bowman,

    If you do not need a Printer Dock till later in the spring/early summer, you
    will be get the advanced features of the Printer Dock 3. Also, since that
    dock features the newer connectivity, there is an adapter you can get to fit
    to all 7000 and 6000 series cameras. Check this site. It will take you
    into the future, if you buy a camera down the road a bit, the new interface
    will be used and compatible.

    http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=6590&pq-locale=en_US

    Not sure about TV, Boman, but I will check.

    Talk to you soon,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    "Bowman" <> wrote in message
    > I'd like an Easyshare dock for my DX7440. Should I go for the Dock 6000

    or wait
    > for the new Dock 3 to come out in May?
    >
    > I think the Dock 3 has TV output as the 'new feature', and I'll need the

    D-26

    Ron Baird, Mar 2, 2005

  3. Bowman

    Susan Guest

    I hope you can help me. I can no longer transfer pictures from my
    Kodak DX7440 to my XP laptop. After two hours with Kodak tech support,

    I still have no way to get my pictures from my camera. All they could
    say was that my USB port may need to be updated and to check out
    microsoft.com. So I did, but I was already up-to-date. Device Manager

    already indicates USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller 24CD, Universal Host

    Controller and Root Hub. I can't tell you how many times I have
    reinstalled the software. Does anyone have any ideas?

    Susan, Mar 2, 2005
  4. Bowman

    Bowman Guest

    Hi Ron,
    I do not need printing capabilities. I'm interested in the dock to relieve the
    need of removing the battery/SD card for recharging/downloading respectively, or
    hooking up the USB cable to download. I'm concerned that constantly opening the
    rubber side flap to make the USB connection will make the flap loose over time.

    I also don't need the TV features of Dock 3, but they would be a fringe benefit.
    Looking at Amazon, it appears the Dock 3 is a bit smaller too.

    That is why I was wondering if there was any advantage to waiting for the Dock 3
    to be released. I thought there may be some other benefits such as
    compatibility etc.

    The Dock 3 I was looking at is here:
    http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=6527&pq-locale=en_US
    The D-26 accessory link needed for the Dock 3 / DX7440 is here:
    http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuer...ID=S19361&Visible=false&navCategory=EKN030170

    Thanks for the reply,
    Bowman

    Bowman, Mar 3, 2005