    ..LID files. Any help is greatly appreciated.

    GooBoy

    , Apr 6, 2005

  2. Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:
    > Purchased a 7330 EasyShare. Loaded software, took video, transfered to
    > computer. The pics transferred as Jpegs (ok). However, the videos
    > transferred as .LID files. What the heck are they? Nothing on my pc
    > will play this extension. Anyone have any ideas why these videos are
    > .LID files. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > GooBoy

    Not sure why. All the Kodak cameras I have seen produce .mov files for
    movies.
    The manual says it puts out Quicktime files, which is to say, .mov
    files. Something got messed up, bigtime.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Apr 6, 2005

  3. Ronald Baird Guest

    Greetings GooBoy,

    Not sure what happened, but the files if correctly recorded they would be
    ..mov files. Kodak uses that format in all its digital cameras. It is a
    universal format created by Apple and is commont to both PC and Mac computer
    platforms.

    I wonder, Gooboy, if you might have used a non Kodak program to capture
    files from the camera? If so, that may be the reason? Anyway, a review of
    the noted format does not reveal a file format of that kind being listed,
    which also means it is not any common.

    If you have not removed the files from the camera - they remain in memory or
    on the memory card - you can download and install EasyShare from the Kodak
    site and take files from the camera and or card for review. They should
    download as .mov files which will show up in EasyShare.

    Good luck, let me know how you make out.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ronald Baird, Apr 8, 2005