Kodak Easyshare and XP 64bit

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by DE50AE, Apr 15, 2006.

  1. DE50AE

    DE50AE Guest

    I am running Windows XP 64 bit and after installing Kodak Easyshare
    Software, my DVD burner was gone.

    I found following in Groups, used it and DVD burner is back.

    Do not get drivers from Windows Update.

    Uninstall the device and then reboot. Use the new drivers if
    downloaded.

    My CD drives have vanished (from Explorer, Device Manager, etc.)
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems

    Restore Missing CD Drive
    http://aumha.org/downloads/cdgone.zip

    Restore CD/DVD Drives to Explorer
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

    DE50AE, Apr 15, 2006

  2. Yes, this is a known issue - I cannot remember if anyone ever came up with a
    solution. Many here are still 'dual Booting' for reasons of this sort.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Apr 15, 2006

  3. Recommendation, uninstall KODAK Easy Share or use System Restore.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Apr 15, 2006
  4. Or running 32-bit in a virtual machine. :)

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 15, 2006
  5. How could we have forgotten about Virtual Server 2005 R2? :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Apr 15, 2006
  6. Or VMWare Server/Workstation. I use them both. This week it seems to be all
    VMWare for some reason.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 16, 2006
  7. I have to be honest, I am confused by VS R2 '05s web based interface, I
    prefer VM Ware workstation over it any day.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Apr 16, 2006
  8. I have frustrations with both. My current biggest frustration with VMWare is
    that I have to reboot the server for it too often. If I'm starting and
    stopping VMs a lot, shutting down one SBS vm, for example, to start a
    different one (I'm currently updating my SBS book), by the time I've done
    this a couple of times, VMWare seems to just be unusable. My read is that it
    gets its memory fragmented and doesn't clean up after itself well.

    I also find that the way it does NICs is just a total PITA. And I miss the
    VMRC from Virtual Server. OTOH, as you say, the VS web front end is an
    interface only its developer could love. ;)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 16, 2006
  9. I know about the NIC issues, it does something to my existing ethernet
    connections. I am using a speed touch modem with an ethernet connection and
    I noticed it disabled that and used the VM network connections as the
    default. I had to disable it to re-enable to my network connecto to the
    Internet.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Apr 16, 2006