    the faster XP download method???????????????????????

    Joe

    --> Remove par from email address for replying

    golf, Jun 9, 2004

  2. golf

    Andrew Guest

    On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 05:05:35 GMT, golf <> wrote:

    >How can I leave the Easy share Sw in my machine, and be able to use
    >the faster XP download method???????????????????????

    Why not uninstall the software? How often do you upgrade the firmware
    for your camera?

    Andrew, Jun 9, 2004

  3. golf

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Golf,

    Actually, the Kodak EasyShare Software works quite well and it is not that
    slow. Rather, I suspect that if you have a lot of images, it might have
    taken a bit of time initially, to organize the catalog for them. Anyway,
    you can certainly use the WIA drivers if you like.

    As you know, as an alternative to using the KODAK Camera Connection
    Software, the MICROSOFT WIA drivers can be used in conjunction with KODAK
    EasyShare Software. This is also used for non-EasyShare cameras who's
    original drivers are not supported on WINDOWS XP.

    To determine the compatibility of the Kodak camera on WINDOWS XP, navigate
    to the following link.

    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/software/dcWinXp/dcWinXpSoftware.jhtml

    1. Connected the camera to the Universal Serial Bus (USB) port on the
    computer and activate the connectivity according to the camera model.
    2. Open the Device Manager and click the plus(+) in front of Kodak Camera.
    The Camera should be listed.
    3. Double click the Camera, click the Driver tab, then Click on Update
    Driver.
    4. Select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" and click
    Next.
    5. Click "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install". Then Click
    Next.
    6. Select DIGITAL STILL CAMERA from the list and click Next.
    7. Click Finish to complete the hardware installation.
    8. Disconnect the camera.
    9. Connected the camera to the Universal Serial Bus (USB) port on the
    computer and activate the connectivity according to the camera model.
    10. If the Scanner and Camera Wizard automatically opens, cancel the window.
    11. Open My Computer. The Kodak camera should be listed under Scanners and
    Cameras. If the camera is not listed, follow the normal troubleshooting
    for connectivity.
    12. Right click on the camera. Select Properties, then click the Events
    tab. Select the settings as seen below. Select an event: "Camera
    connected". Under Actions, choose Start this program:, and in the drop down
    choose KODAK EasyShare Software.
    13. Click OK.
    14. Turn the camera off and disconnect it. Reconnect the camera and
    activate the connectivity according to the camera model.
    15. If the KODAK EasyShare Software or Scanner and Camera Wizard does not
    auto launch, right click the Kodak Camera icon and choose Get Pictures.
    16. Follow the on-screen instructions.
    17. If EasyShare is having trouble transferring pictures, follow Step 3
    through 6 and use the alternate setup below which requires no Kodak
    Software. Select event: "Camera Connected Under Actions, choose Prompt for
    which program to run.
    18. Click OK.
    19. Turn the camera off and disconnect it. Reconnect the camera and
    activate the connectivity according to the camera model.
    20. Follow the on the screen instructions and choose MICROSOFT Scanner and
    Camera Wizard. Then click OK.

    Talk to you soon, Golf, let me know if there are questions.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Jun 9, 2004
  4. golf

    sarahj28

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Easy Share problem solver

    I got a memory card reader on ebay for $2.80. It plugs into usb port, extremely easy to use and an excellent way to bypass the easy share software, which is utter and complete crap. Finally, my camera is worth what I paid for it. kodak SUCKS!

    sarahj28, Dec 22, 2008