    Which one is the better camera. I noticed the DX7590 has the Schneider-
    Kreuznach lens and the Z740 has the Retinar all glass aspheric 10X optical
    zoom lens. What is the difference and which one is better? Thank you!

    Mikaela Reid via PhotoKB.com, Mar 27, 2005

  2. Mikaela  Reid via PhotoKB.com

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Mikaela Reid via PhotoKB.com wrote:
    > I am trying to find out what the difference is on the DX7590 and the Z740.
    > Which one is the better camera. I noticed the DX7590 has the Schneider-
    > Kreuznach lens and the Z740 has the Retinar all glass aspheric 10X optical
    > zoom lens. What is the difference and which one is better? Thank you!

    I think most would pick the Schneider lens, but, in my experience, the
    Kodak Retinar lens is also very good. Reading reviews, I can see
    nothing about the Z740 that is better than the DX7590, except a 2 oz.
    weight advantage. Some of the technical specs might be important to
    you, but I believe I would pick the 7590 if I had to pick one.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Mar 27, 2005

  3. Mikaela  Reid via PhotoKB.com

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Mikaela,

    Both have great lenses, but if you have to pick one that is better than the
    other I would choose the DX7590. Scheneider Kruzniach lenses are reknown and
    excellent. Also, the DX7590 has flash synch which is a big difference in my
    estimation. External flash will extend your range considerably. You can
    compare the two by reviewing the web site pages.

    Talk to you soon, Mikaela,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Mar 28, 2005
  4. Thank you very much for your answer. I bought the DX7590 and when you put
    it in auto sometimes you get good pictures but most of the time you get bad
    pictures. They are not focused. I thought it was just that camera so I
    exchanged it for another one. This one is a little better but still does
    the same thing. My friend just bought the Z740. When he puts it in auto he
    gets good pictures every time. Is the auto on the DX7590 not intended for
    point and shoot? I had an old DX3600 that took better pictures than my new
    one, but it stopped working after two and half years. Thank you again for
    your reply, I really appreciate it.

    Mikaela Reid via PhotoKB.com, Mar 29, 2005
  5. Mikaela  Reid via PhotoKB.com

    ASAAR Guest

    On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:46:18 GMT, Mikaela Reid via PhotoKB.com
    wrote:

    > My friend just bought the Z740. When he puts it in auto he
    > gets good pictures every time. Is the auto on the DX7590 not intended for
    > point and shoot?

    Either they have very different AF mechanisms or your friend
    doesn't use the same picture taking technique that you use. Is the
    DX7590 set for continuous AF or not? You might want to let your
    friend try the DX7590 for a while and see how it goes.

    ASAAR, Mar 29, 2005
  6. Mikaela  Reid via PhotoKB.com

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Mikaela Reid via PhotoKB.com wrote:
    > Thank you very much for your answer. I bought the DX7590 and when you put
    > it in auto sometimes you get good pictures but most of the time you get bad
    > pictures. They are not focused. I thought it was just that camera so I
    > exchanged it for another one. This one is a little better but still does
    > the same thing. My friend just bought the Z740. When he puts it in auto he
    > gets good pictures every time. Is the auto on the DX7590 not intended for
    > point and shoot? I had an old DX3600 that took better pictures than my new
    > one, but it stopped working after two and half years. Thank you again for
    > your reply, I really appreciate it.

    Can you post some of the bad pictures somewhere? It you sometimes get
    good pictures, there may be something you can do about the bad ones.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Mar 29, 2005