    --JohnnyG
    http://barelybad.com

    , Aug 7, 2005

  2. mituot1995 Guest

    I don't like it.

    mituot1995, Aug 7, 2005

  3. mituot1995 Guest

    I don't like it.

    mituot1995, Aug 7, 2005
  4. mituot1995 Guest

    I don't like it.

    mituot1995, Aug 7, 2005
  5. P Settli Guest

    <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    You could try Kodak or ask in the Kodak forum at www.dpreview.com

    --PS

    P Settli, Aug 7, 2005
  6. Jeff Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hello, all,
    >
    > If this is not the appropriate newsgroup to ask these questions of, I
    > hope you'll re-direct me.
    >
    > If it is, I have some questions about the Kodak DX 7590 camera I bought
    > recently. First of all, is it a clunker and I just can't tell. This
    > is my first digital camera, and I don't know how to judge it. I paid
    > $400 before tax for the camera and a 1700 lithium-ion battery and a
    > docking station (but no charger as specified in the list of contents).
    >
    > (1) When I plug in the camera directly to the supplied power cord, it
    > seems to work fine when the battery is completely dead. Does
    > connecting the supplied power cord with transformer to the camera's "DC
    > IN 5V" port cause the battery to charge?

    No

    > (2) Is it necessary or desirable to exhaust the battery before
    > re-charging it?

    No

    > (3) Where else online can I learn more about the Kodak DX 7590 camera?

    Did you read the owners manual? The answers to your questions and many more
    are in there. If you don't have a manual it is on Kodaks website at
    www.kodak.com

    Jeff, Aug 7, 2005
  7. Wayne Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    >Hello, all,
    >
    >If this is not the appropriate newsgroup to ask these questions of, I
    >hope you'll re-direct me.
    >
    >If it is, I have some questions about the Kodak DX 7590 camera I bought
    >recently. First of all, is it a clunker and I just can't tell. This
    >is my first digital camera, and I don't know how to judge it. I paid
    >$400 before tax for the camera and a 1700 lithium-ion battery and a
    >docking station (but no charger as specified in the list of contents).

    Your box contained a charger. It doesnt have a power cord, it plugs
    directly into the wall with folding prongs. See page numbered "1" of
    the manual, under "Getting Started". Some Kodak docking stations are
    also battery chargers.

    >(1) When I plug in the camera directly to the supplied power cord, it
    >seems to work fine when the battery is completely dead. Does
    >connecting the supplied power cord with transformer to the camera's "DC
    >IN 5V" port cause the battery to charge?

    I think not, that is what your charger is for.

    >(2) Is it necessary or desirable to exhaust the battery before
    >re-charging it?

    no, and no.

    >(3) Where else online can I learn more about the Kodak DX 7590 camera?

    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/products/ekn029622.jhtml?pq-path=
    10/3905/3921/3061

    There is a manual and a tutorial online there.

    Wayne, Aug 7, 2005
  8. Ronald Baird Guest

    Greetings Barely,

    Actually, you got a pretty good deal, the 1700 mAH battery is worth at least
    $25 or more. The camera will not charge unless you have it docked on a
    Printer Dock or Camera Dock. The technology actiavates when this is done.
    It will charge the battery by use of the power supply. There are features
    in some chargers that will deplete the battery then rebuild the charge. They
    work quite well. If you purchased the camera as a bundle from a retailer
    then chances are that you have a charger of one kind or another.

    http://www.kodak.com/go/takegreatpictures

    http://www.kodak.com/go/dx7590

    You can go to the following URLs to get details on the camera and access to
    our picture taking content. There is a lot there for you that will help you
    get good pictures. Give them a try, Barely, I am here as well if you need
    any direct help.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ronald Baird, Aug 8, 2005