    Which is the better model? Are they identical, except the DX6490 has a
    10x Optical Zoom?

    , Apr 5, 2004

  2. I have the DX6490 and as a inexperienced camera person I love the features.

    Rodney Rogers, Apr 6, 2004

  3. Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Why,

    No they are different physically, in appearance, and in the features they
    possess. Both are great cameras but as I noted in past posts, I prefer the
    DX6490 for its external flash feature and the electronic viewfinder. There
    are a number of other features that are different, and the 10X zoom is also
    a certain advantage. The choice of what you want, however, is yours so you
    are well advised to review your personal plans needs and budget before
    making a decision. For me, the DX6490 does more of what I like to use and
    offers me the versatility I want.

    I guess I would ask what you want to do with your camera, what features you
    really need, as opposed to just want, and then spend my money on the model I
    want. If it is the DX6440 (a great camera) you can get some accessories
    with the rest of the money you might save.

    Talk to you soon, Why,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Apr 6, 2004
  4. Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:

    > Which is the better model? Are they identical, except the DX6490 has a
    > 10x Optical Zoom?

    NO, they are very different. The 6440 is a much smaller, and more
    conventionally shaped camera that will fit in your pants pocket, or
    woman's purse. The 6490 is more like an expensive Nikon in shape, and
    needs a camera bag. The 6490 also has an electronic view finder.

    Ron Hunter, Apr 7, 2004
  5. The Shadow Guest

    So What Is Your Point?

    The Shadow, Apr 7, 2004
  6. Rudy Garcia Guest

    In article <c4v3l8$oom$>,
    "Ron Baird" <> wrote:

    > Greetings Why,
    >
    > No they are different physically, in appearance, and in the features they
    > possess. Both are great cameras but as I noted in past posts, I prefer the
    > DX6490 for its external flash feature and the electronic viewfinder. There
    > are a number of other features that are different, and the 10X zoom is also
    > a certain advantage. The choice of what you want, however, is yours so you
    > are well advised to review your personal plans needs and budget before
    > making a decision. For me, the DX6490 does more of what I like to use and
    > offers me the versatility I want.
    >
    > I guess I would ask what you want to do with your camera, what features you
    > really need, as opposed to just want, and then spend my money on the model I
    > want. If it is the DX6440 (a great camera) you can get some accessories
    > with the rest of the money you might save.
    >
    > Talk to you soon, Why,
    >
    > Ron Baird
    > Eastman Kodak Company
    >

    > wrote:
    > > Which is the better model? Are they identical, except the DX6490 has a
    > > 10x Optical Zoom?

    Ron,

    What is the sync speed of the 6490 ?

    --
    Rudy Garcia

    Rudy Garcia, Apr 7, 2004
  7. Ron Hunter Guest

    The Shadow wrote:

    > So What Is Your Point?
    > "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Which is the better model? Are they identical, except the DX6490 has a
    >>>10x Optical Zoom?

    >>NO, they are very different. The 6440 is a much smaller, and more
    >>conventionally shaped camera that will fit in your pants pocket, or
    >>woman's purse. The 6490 is more like an expensive Nikon in shape, and
    >>needs a camera bag. The 6490 also has an electronic view finder.

    To provide more information, without bias, and allow the poster to make
    a better decision for HIM.

    I have the DX6440, which I bought because it better serves MY needs for
    a camera I can carry in a pants pocket. I also don't like EVFs. Others
    have other needs and may find the 6490 a better choice for them.

    Ron Hunter, Apr 7, 2004
  8. John Navas Guest

    In <> on Wed, 07 Apr 2004 04:46:49 -0500,
    Ron Hunter <> wrote:

    >To provide more information, without bias, ...

    I doubt that very many, if any, posts here are "without bias." ;-)

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas

    John Navas, Apr 7, 2004
  9. Ron Hunter Guest

    John Navas wrote:
    > [POSTED TO rec.photo.digital - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <> on Wed, 07 Apr 2004 04:46:49 -0500,
    > Ron Hunter <> wrote:
    >

    >>To provide more information, without bias, ...

    > I doubt that very many, if any, posts here are "without bias." ;-)

    Very true, as most see only their point of view. I realize that many
    other users have different wants and needs, and the camera I chose from
    the two listed might not be the one the OP would find best suited to HIS
    needs, so I tried to provide information on the better points of each,
    and let him decide.

    I suppose no one is without bias, but we can try to be fair.

    Ron Hunter, Apr 7, 2004