    Any help appreciated.
    regards
    David

    David McC, Mar 7, 2004

  2. David McC

    Ðª× Guest

    On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 20:15:49 +0000 (UTC), "David McC"
    <> wrote:

    >I wonder if anyone can help - the front clip of the battery door on my
    >DX6440 has broken and I am seeking advice on the repair ?
    >
    >These cameras have a really bad battery door design which lets the rest of
    >this otherwise good camera down.
    >
    >www.digitalcamerapartsdepot.com has new spare doors, can anyone tell me how
    >difficult it is to remove the old door and fit a new one ? Only had the
    >camera about 6 weeks so I need to make sure any repair does not affect the
    >warranty. If it is not a simple job I will need to send away for a repair.
    >
    >Any help appreciated.
    >regards
    >David

    You could::
    1. take pin, heat
    2.Carefully pierce door and camera body. Choose spot well.
    3. Use tiny self-tapping screw to fasten closed.
    It worked on my old cheap Concord. Crappy design (my Fuji's the same)
    retains door w/small plastic tabs - heavy batteries HAMMER it when
    dropped from any height. Won't do the resale value any good - Ъ×

    Ъ×, Mar 7, 2004

  3. David McC

    Ron Hunter Guest

    David McC wrote:

    > I wonder if anyone can help - the front clip of the battery door on my
    > DX6440 has broken and I am seeking advice on the repair ?
    >
    > These cameras have a really bad battery door design which lets the rest of
    > this otherwise good camera down.
    >
    > www.digitalcamerapartsdepot.com has new spare doors, can anyone tell me how
    > difficult it is to remove the old door and fit a new one ? Only had the
    > camera about 6 weeks so I need to make sure any repair does not affect the
    > warranty. If it is not a simple job I will need to send away for a repair.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    > regards
    > David

    It LOOKS like a snap-in fit, but maybe Ron Baird of Kodak will be able
    to give you a definitive answer.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 7, 2004
  4. David McC

    Ron Hunter Guest

    David McC wrote:

    > I wonder if anyone can help - the front clip of the battery door on my
    > DX6440 has broken and I am seeking advice on the repair ?
    >
    > These cameras have a really bad battery door design which lets the rest of
    > this otherwise good camera down.
    >
    > www.digitalcamerapartsdepot.com has new spare doors, can anyone tell me how
    > difficult it is to remove the old door and fit a new one ? Only had the
    > camera about 6 weeks so I need to make sure any repair does not affect the
    > warranty. If it is not a simple job I will need to send away for a repair.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.
    > regards
    > David

    A note about the battery door. It is plastic, and the catch is quite
    small, and on only one side of the door. This is POOR DESIGN! Users
    should be careful to close the door, then push it in toward the back of
    the camera. Doing that in the reverse WILL cause damage.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 7, 2004
  5. David McC

    David McC Guest

    Thanks,

    Can you advise how I make contact ?

    I had a similar thought that it may be a snap-in fit from the look of it but
    will need to confirm. I agree though, the door is very poor design. For a
    camera with an aluminium body you would think an alu battery door would be
    the best solution....

    Thanks for the help.

    David McC, Mar 7, 2004
  6. David McC

    amyotte Guest

    Kodak DX6440 Battery Door Replacement

    What an EASY replacement!!!

    The door arrived today and from the instructions I recieved by email
    from digitalcamerapartsdepot.com I removed 2 screws from the bottom of
    the camera (LCD end), 2 screws from the side that has the memory card
    slot, card removed, and 1 screw from the side with the 4X optical zoom
    written on it.

    THE CASE DOES NOT GET REMOVED!

    After the screws and batteries are out, turn the camera upside down
    and with your fingers gently open the back of the case just enough to
    allow the old door to be removed. The right tab on the battery door
    gets removed first by angling the left tab down along its track.

    Note the battery door has a spring that has a circular spring wire
    piece that fits into a groove in the case.

    Install the new door by first inserting this circular spring piece
    into the groove, and insert the left tab onto the slider track. Pull
    this back and insert the right tab into the track. Close the case,
    install the screws and done.

    Took me 10 minutes tops.

    Hope this is of help to others with battery door troubles.

    Any questions please email.

    Regards
    Brian

    amyotte, Apr 14, 2004
  7. David McC

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Re: Kodak DX6440 Battery Door Replacement

    amyotte wrote:

    > What an EASY replacement!!!
    >
    > The door arrived today and from the instructions I recieved by email
    > from digitalcamerapartsdepot.com I removed 2 screws from the bottom of
    > the camera (LCD end), 2 screws from the side that has the memory card
    > slot, card removed, and 1 screw from the side with the 4X optical zoom
    > written on it.
    >
    > THE CASE DOES NOT GET REMOVED!
    >
    > After the screws and batteries are out, turn the camera upside down
    > and with your fingers gently open the back of the case just enough to
    > allow the old door to be removed. The right tab on the battery door
    > gets removed first by angling the left tab down along its track.
    >
    > Note the battery door has a spring that has a circular spring wire
    > piece that fits into a groove in the case.
    >
    > Install the new door by first inserting this circular spring piece
    > into the groove, and insert the left tab onto the slider track. Pull
    > this back and insert the right tab into the track. Close the case,
    > install the screws and done.
    >
    > Took me 10 minutes tops.
    >
    > Hope this is of help to others with battery door troubles.
    >
    > Any questions please email.
    >
    > Regards
    > Brian

    Thanks for the report. I hope I never NEED the information, but at
    least I know it isn't necessary to send the camera to Kodak for this
    type of problem.

    Ron Hunter, Apr 14, 2004