    opinions are of the Kodak DX6340? any input in appriciated,

    Regards

    Olly.
    Oliver, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Oliver

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Oliver wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm going to buy my 1st digital camera and was wondering what peoples
    > opinions are of the Kodak DX6340? any input in appriciated,
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Olly.

    Looks pretty good to me. It appears to be an update of the DX3600 in
    features, with a good price, and a better lens. I have considered
    giving my DX3600 to my wife and buying the 6340.
    Ron Hunter, Jul 16, 2003

  3. Oliver

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Oliver,

    Great Camera! You will enjoy it. If you do have questions about it and its
    operation, etc. let me know. I am usually around.

    Talk to you soon,

    Ron Baird
    Kodak

    Ron Baird, Jul 16, 2003
  4. Oliver

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Filipe wrote:

    > I'm considering buying a digital camera for around £200.
    >
    > The available option are the following:
    >
    > Olympus Mju 300 Digital Camera [3MP 3xOptical]
    > Fuji FinePix A303 Zoom Digital Camera [3.2MP 3xOptical]
    > Sony DSC-P72 Digital Camera [3MP 3xOptical]
    > Panasonic DMC-LC33B Digital Camera [3MP 3xOptical]
    > Olympus Camedia C-350 Digital Camera [3MP 3xOptical]
    > Sony DSC-P52 Digital Camera [3MP 2xOptical]
    > Kodak EasyShare DX6340 Digital Camera [3MP 4xOptical]
    >

    > On paper the Kodak seen to be the best one with the 4x optical zoom!
    > and is as well the second cheapest one of the lot after the sony p52.
    >
    > it's hard to find a review where they compare this kind of cameras.
    > Could you give me your impression on the kodak. Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Fil.

    I haven't used the 6340, but did look at one in the store for some time.
    It seems solid, and well made, and the lens looks very good. The 4X
    optical lens certainly does make a difference. For general purpose P&S
    shooting, with a few 'creative options', you should be very happy with
    it. Another significant plus for the Kodak is the rather comprehensive
    support offered by Kodak employees in this newsgroup. NO OTHER
    manufacturer does this AFAIK.
    Ron Hunter, Jul 18, 2003