    nothing wrong with it. When it does focus, the shots are great.
    jimac

    ---

    Jim McQuillan, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Jim McQuillan

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Jim,

    Yikes sorry to hear about your experience.

    Actually, the camera is capable of sharp results all the time. I suspect
    the problem you are having is related to the settings you have chosen, and
    the lighting conditions - subject. What are the details of the exposure.
    What settings were used? I will help you get great results with that
    camera.

    Ron Baird
    Kodak

    "Jim McQuillan" <> wrote in message
    > Just got a Kodak DX6340 digital camera and although the results are great
    > some of the time, there are too many occasions when the auto focus will

    not
    > lock on any thing.
    > I point at an object and half depress the shutter button and I get the
    > steady green light to say focus is locked. I also get the correct signals

    on

    Ron Baird, Jul 17, 2003

  3. Thanks for prompt reply. Camera at the moment with PC World undergoing their
    tests.
    Tried it in numerous conditions, both indoors and outdoors. Most of my
    trials have been in Auto mode as I will no doubt use it mostly as a point &
    shoot.
    Yesterday I was at the sea side in glorious weather conditions and couldn't
    get a focus on buildings or shop fronts or even on the car as contrasty as
    they are.
    This does not happen all the time and it will suddenly snap into focus on a
    subject and take a great picture.
    When it is not performing, there is no movement or sound coming from the
    auto focus.
    Also it is almost impossible to see the screen in daylight unlike the Kodak
    advert says so you can't focus by using the LCD screen. The camera is only 3
    days old.
    Regards. Jim
    "Ron Baird" <> wrote in message
    > Greetings Jim,
    >
    > Yikes sorry to hear about your experience.
    >
    > Actually, the camera is capable of sharp results all the time. I suspect
    > the problem you are having is related to the settings you have chosen, and
    > the lighting conditions - subject. What are the details of the exposure.
    > What settings were used? I will help you get great results with that
    > camera.
    >
    > Ron Baird
    > Kodak
    >

    > "Jim McQuillan" <> wrote in message
    > > Just got a Kodak DX6340 digital camera and although the results are

    great
    > > some of the time, there are too many occasions when the auto focus will

    > not
    > > lock on any thing.
    > > I point at an object and half depress the shutter button and I get the
    > > steady green light to say focus is locked. I also get the correct

    signals
    > on
    > > the focus screen (the brackets change to red) to say it is focussed, but

    > > can see on the screen that nothing is in focus.
    > > If I take the shot, all I get is a big blur. Anyone else have this

    trouble
    > > or is my camera faulty. Took it back to suppliers but they say theres
    > > nothing wrong with it. When it does focus, the shots are great.
    > > jimac
    > >

    > > ---

    ---

    Jim McQuillan, Jul 17, 2003
  4. Jim McQuillan

    Fred Guest

    "Jim McQuillan" <> wrote in message news:<wWxRa.11199$>...
    > Just got a Kodak DX6340 digital camera and although the results are great
    > some of the time, there are too many occasions when the auto focus will not
    > lock on any thing.
    > I point at an object and half depress the shutter button and I get the
    > steady green light to say focus is locked. I also get the correct signals on
    > the focus screen (the brackets change to red) to say it is focussed, but I
    > can see on the screen that nothing is in focus.
    > If I take the shot, all I get is a big blur. Anyone else have this trouble
    > or is my camera faulty. Took it back to suppliers but they say theres
    > nothing wrong with it. When it does focus, the shots are great.
    > jimac

    I've been using the DX6340 for 2 months and haven't seen this problem.
    What kinds of shots have this problem? I've had occasions when focus
    was on a near object even though the desired object was larger and
    more central.In a case like that I've used the center zone focus
    setting. (I wish a smaller spot focus was available, but that's the
    way it is).

    Fred, Jul 17, 2003