    decent piece of kit.
    Cheers.
    Tony .B
    antony barker, Jun 4, 2004

  2. antony barker

    Pete Guest

    In article <jMWvc.12$Gc1.11@newsfe3-gui>, wrote

    > I've just acquired my first digital camera.It was explained to me that
    > kodak's are heavy on batteries and not to move too far away from the docking
    > station!!!However on a full charge after just a few shots the low battery
    > symbol starts to flash.When I used it in the close up mode it actually shut
    > down.I switched on again and continued shooting(approx 10% with
    > flash)finally running out of juice after 72 shots!!!!!!
    > Is this unique to my camera?Could it be a faulty battery?A software problem?
    > I would appreciate any help from you guys as this is spoiling an otherwise
    > decent piece of kit.
    > Cheers.
    > Tony .B

    Sounds like the batteries to me. I'd try alternative bty's to verify
    that the ones you got are in fact the problem.
    Pete, Jun 4, 2004

  3. Hi Tony,

    << It was explained to me that
    kodak's are heavy on batteries >>

    I've had a DX4900 for several years and no trouble with batteries. I use two
    NiMH batteries and get probably 100-150 shots (at least) with these. I don't
    have a docking station but use a card resder for transfer.

    Enjoy your new 4-megapixel camera. Wonderful color in outdoor shots.

    Best,

    Conrad

    Conrad Weiler
    Camp Sherman, Oregon
    Conrad Weiler, Jun 4, 2004
  4. antony barker

    Ron Hunter Guest

    antony barker wrote:

    > I've just acquired my first digital camera.It was explained to me that
    > kodak's are heavy on batteries and not to move too far away from the docking
    > station!!!However on a full charge after just a few shots the low battery
    > symbol starts to flash.When I used it in the close up mode it actually shut
    > down.I switched on again and continued shooting(approx 10% with
    > flash)finally running out of juice after 72 shots!!!!!!
    > Is this unique to my camera?Could it be a faulty battery?A software problem?
    > I would appreciate any help from you guys as this is spoiling an otherwise
    > decent piece of kit.
    > Cheers.
    > Tony .B

    Until the batteries have been through a few charge/discharge cycles,
    this problem comes up often. Just had a similar experience with new
    NIMH batteries on vacation. It's annoying, but don't give up on them.
    They will work much better with a few rechargings.
    Ron Hunter, Jun 6, 2004
  5. antony barker

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Antony,

    Actually, Antony, the battery issue you note has been reviewed before. Let
    me share a page on our website that reviews this information. Essentially,
    the issue is with how the batteries are charged and how long they may sit
    without use. Once you have reviewed this information and you have
    additional questions, let me know and I will follow through for you. Please
    keep in mind that Ni-MH batteries may not charge to full capacity the first
    time they are charged, or after a long period of non-use.

    The first-time charge of the KODAK EASYSHARE Ni-MH Rechargeable Battery Pack
    should take approximately 2 hours. If the Camera Dock light turns green
    (indicating a full charge) in less than 2 hours, repeat the charge cycle as
    follows:

    First-time Charge:

    1. To begin charging, place the camera on the KODAK EASYSHARE Camera Dock.
    Refer to your camera User's Guide for details.
    2. When the charge light turns green, remove the camera from the dock.
    3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until the combined charge time is 2 hours.

    Subsequent charges of the Battery Pack will not require multiple charging
    cycles unless left uncharged for a long period of time (greater than 2
    months).

    For more information, please refer to the URL below:

    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/tib/tib4324.shtml

    Talk to you soon, Antony, I will be here for you later if you need me.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Jun 7, 2004
  6. antony barker

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Ron Baird wrote:

    > Greetings Antony,
    >
    > Actually, Antony, the battery issue you note has been reviewed before. Let
    > me share a page on our website that reviews this information. Essentially,
    > the issue is with how the batteries are charged and how long they may sit
    > without use. Once you have reviewed this information and you have
    > additional questions, let me know and I will follow through for you. Please
    > keep in mind that Ni-MH batteries may not charge to full capacity the first
    > time they are charged, or after a long period of non-use.
    >
    > The first-time charge of the KODAK EASYSHARE Ni-MH Rechargeable Battery Pack
    > should take approximately 2 hours. If the Camera Dock light turns green
    > (indicating a full charge) in less than 2 hours, repeat the charge cycle as
    > follows:
    >
    > First-time Charge:
    >
    > 1. To begin charging, place the camera on the KODAK EASYSHARE Camera Dock.
    > Refer to your camera User's Guide for details.
    > 2. When the charge light turns green, remove the camera from the dock.
    > 3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until the combined charge time is 2 hours.
    >
    > Subsequent charges of the Battery Pack will not require multiple charging
    > cycles unless left uncharged for a long period of time (greater than 2
    > months).
    >
    > For more information, please refer to the URL below:
    >
    > http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/tib/tib4324.shtml
    >
    > Talk to you soon, Antony, I will be here for you later if you need me.
    >
    > Ron Baird
    > Eastman Kodak Company
    >

    > "antony barker" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I've just acquired my first digital camera.It was explained to me that
    >>kodak's are heavy on batteries and not to move too far away from the

    > docking
    >
    >>station!!!However on a full charge after just a few shots the low battery
    >>symbol starts to flash.When I used it in the close up mode it actually

    > shut
    >
    >>down.I switched on again and continued shooting(approx 10% with
    >>flash)finally running out of juice after 72 shots!!!!!!
    >>Is this unique to my camera?Could it be a faulty battery?A software

    > problem?
    >
    >>I would appreciate any help from you guys as this is spoiling an otherwise
    >>decent piece of kit.
    >>Cheers.
    >>Tony .B

    Just a note about battery life on the DX6440. I used a freshly charged
    Kodak NIMH battery pack on my recent trip to Alaska, and it lasted for
    200 shots, many of them with flash, and considerable use of the LCD for
    review and for closeups. Trying to use other NIMH batteries, freshly
    charged, gave me very short usage times, so I just put in a CRV3 battery
    and I removed at after another 270 pictures, and much review time, and
    it was still going strong. It now becomes a backup battery.
    Ron Hunter, Jun 8, 2004