    Conrad
    Conrad Weiler
    Camp Sherman, Oregon

    Conrad Weiler, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Conrad Weiler

    default name Guest

    From what I can tell, not likly. These have limited controls to begin with,
    much less customizable ISO settings.

    default name, Dec 22, 2003

  3. Conrad Weiler

    Mike T Guest

    Rotate the dial to the setting tab (the one with the Check Mark). Cursor
    down to the "Reset User Settings" option on the screen. Then select no. If
    yes is selected everything you changed will be reset to default after every
    power cycle. If NO is selected, then your setting changes are retained
    after ever power cycle.

    Mike T

    "Conrad Weiler" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > The Kodak DX4900 offers four ISO settings -- auto, 100, 200, 400. Auto is

    the

    Mike T, Dec 22, 2003
  4. Conrad Weiler

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Mike T wrote:

    > Rotate the dial to the setting tab (the one with the Check Mark). Cursor
    > down to the "Reset User Settings" option on the screen. Then select no. If
    > yes is selected everything you changed will be reset to default after every
    > power cycle. If NO is selected, then your setting changes are retained
    > after ever power cycle.
    >
    > Mike T
    >
    > "Conrad Weiler" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>The Kodak DX4900 offers four ISO settings -- auto, 100, 200, 400. Auto is

    > the
    >
    >>default and if you choose one of the others (i.e. 400) -- it reverts back

    >>auto after turning the camera off. Is there a way to set the ISO default

    >>something other than auto?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>Conrad
    >>Conrad Weiler
    >>Camp Sherman, Oregon

    Let me guess, that was in the manual.
    Right?

    Ron Hunter, Dec 22, 2003
  5. Conrad Weiler

    Shaun Lowe Guest

    Yes it probably was in the manual... I didn't read mine either.
    I had a DX3900, basically the same firmware, what Mike T
    said works just fine. Your settings are saved when you turn
    the camera back on.

    Regards,

    Shaun Lowe
    http://www.pbase.com/shaun

    Shaun Lowe, Dec 22, 2003
  6. Conrad Weiler

    RKHenry Guest

    > The Kodak DX4900 offers four ISO settings -- auto, 100, 200, 400. Auto is

    the
    > default and if you choose one of the others (i.e. 400) -- it reverts back

    > auto after turning the camera off. Is there a way to set the ISO default

    > something other than auto?

    Turn the camera to "user settings" (the knob on top) and scroll down the
    menu to the item "Reset user setting". It defaults to "Yes" but if you set
    it to "No" then settings like ISO will not reset when you turn the power
    off.

    One possible down side is that it also doesn't reset many other settings
    like the focal length or the state of the flash setting.

    Another use of this feature, if you're taking pictures someplace where flash
    pictures are prohibited. You can turn off the flash and it will stay turned
    off even though the camera power might be cycled off and back on.

    RK Henry

    RKHenry, Dec 27, 2003