    problem was, did they get it fixed and the cost. I am not sure it is worth
    throwing money at this camera and have to make a decision on whether to
    junk it or not. thank you
    Mel Otero via PhotoKB.com, May 10, 2005

  2. Mel  Otero via PhotoKB.com

    Robert Barr Guest

    Mel Otero via PhotoKB.com wrote:
    > I have a Kodak DX4900. The LCD shows the menu, but does not work to frame
    > a picture. If I take a picture using the viewfinder, it comes out as a
    > black rectangle. I have seen a number of posts in other forums that
    > reflect this problem, and even "broken" cameras on EBAY with this problem,
    > but no one has stated the cause or if they ended up having it fixed. I am
    > curious if anyone in this forum has experienced this and if so, what the
    > problem was, did they get it fixed and the cost. I am not sure it is worth
    > throwing money at this camera and have to make a decision on whether to
    > junk it or not. thank you

    Look into Kodak's exchange program. I don't know if it's available for
    that model, or how much it costs, but it's an option. Also visit the
    Kodak section of DPReview.

    One of Kodak's reps, Ron Baird, used to be a regular here. Maybe he
    still is, & can answer your questions.
    Robert Barr, May 10, 2005

  3. Mel  Otero via PhotoKB.com

    Ronald Baird Guest

    Greetings Mel,

    I am still here, Rob, and glad to help.

    The scenario you have reviewed indicates something I am not familiar with on
    that camera. If you have a couple of images with the condition shown, I will
    be glad to review and analyze for you. I will get back to you with the
    results. If this is a consisitent condition, it may need to be serviced to
    remedy it. In that case, it would be worth thinking about taking advantage
    of the $50 tradein offer. Gives you $50 for your camera regardless of
    condition. You can trade up to a DX7440. You can get a printer dock at a low
    price as well.

    Regardless, send along your images and I will take a look.

    Talk to you soon.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ronald Baird, May 11, 2005