    DX6340 is for $349. Which one should i go for! Please give me your
    opinion. I
    couldn't make up my mind. Thanks

    eng, Feb 3, 2004

  2. eng

    DRB Guest

    "eng" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > In Future shop they have sale on Kodak DX4530 for $399 and Kodak
    > DX6340 is for $349. Which one should i go for! Please give me your
    > opinion. I
    > couldn't make up my mind. Thanks

    I have the DX6340 and am totally impressed with it. I'm not sure where you
    are at, but I purchased mine at Wal-mart for $279, so you could probably
    find it much, much cheaper than 349...

    DRB, Feb 3, 2004

  3. eng

    eng Guest

    I am in Ottawa, Ontario. Which Walmart did you buy it? Thanks

    eng, Feb 3, 2004
  4. eng

    GJP Guest

    If I had the choice over again I guess I would pick the DX4530 at 5MP and
    with 32MB internal storage vrs the DX 6340 at 3.1 MP and 16 MB storage,
    although the DX6340 has a greater zoom at 14x vrs 10x for the DX4530.
    I would have bought the DX4530 at christmas but the Future shop web site
    went nuts when I went to make the buy and when it straightened itself out,
    they were out of stock.(G)
    By this time I had worked myself up into such a shopping frenzy I ended up
    buying a DX6440 with dock(which I don't use) including a 128mb MCC card all
    for $495 CDN, on eBay from a Canadian dealer in Toronto, delivery was in
    three days so I was a happy camper...$20 delivery charge and taxes were on
    top.
    You might get a better idea if you compare the cameras on the Kodak site, I
    checked out the US site because it gave suggested manufacturer prices which
    the Canadian site doesn't, but all Kodak cameras are there to compare
    features on.
    I gues it all depends on what you want to do, for me a non expert I looked
    at the MP size and Zoom capacities but what do I know EH!

    GJP

    GJP, Feb 3, 2004
  5. eng

    George Guest

    You might be able to get it for $275 Canadian if you play your cards
    right. Staples does 150% price match and they have it on for $399:

    http://www.staples.ca/products/catalog/skuset.asp?skusetid=16496&first=512205&SuperCategoryId=3

    So that would bring it down to about $325.

    AND there is the redflagdeals.ca web coupons (which i've used in-store
    many times).

    http://www.redflagdeals.com/deals/coupons.php

    This month they have $50 off any purchase over $300 (coupon
    #58278)...which bring you down to arounc $275 (~$205 yankee
    bucks)...not bad eh?

    I'm considering making the purchase myself so please let us know if it
    works for ya.

    cheers

    ps - i've done lots of research and it does seem like a good camera.
    However keep in mind that it is reported to produce oil painting like
    artifacts in the dimly lit areas of high contrast pictures...i have a
    post floating around still hoping someone from Kodak will reply to:

    http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=&rnum=13

    George, Feb 3, 2004
  6. eng

    eng Guest

    Thanks to everyone for their opinion. I just bought DX6340. In Compunation.com
    website, their price was $333 and I took print out of that page and also the
    redflagdeals.com. In staples website the camera is $399 but in the store it was
    only $349.99 and the guy who was helping me went to talk to the manager and
    they called CompuNation. He told me that its a new company and they will be
    having stocks of these cameras only next month and so didn't accept to give me
    150% price match but they said they can give me for $333 and also refused to
    take that coupon. He said that redflagdeals.com is a spam. So, I ended up
    paying $333+tax = $383. Thanks again for your advice and opinions.

    eng, Feb 4, 2004
  7. eng

    eng Guest

    Thanks to everyone for their opinion. I just bought DX6340. In Compunation.com
    website, their price was $333 and I took print out of that page and also the
    redflagdeals.com. In staples website the camera is $399 but in the store it was

    only $349.99 and the guy who was helping me went to talk to the manager and
    they called CompuNation. He told me that its a new company and they will be
    having stocks of these cameras only next month and so didn't accept to give me
    150% price match but they said they can give me for $333 and also refused to
    take that coupon. He said that redflagdeals.com is a scam. So, I ended up

    eng, Feb 4, 2004
  8. eng

    R2D2 Guest

    eng <> wrote in news::

    > Thanks to everyone for their opinion. I just bought DX6340. In
    > Compunation.com website, their price was $333 and I took print out of
    > that page and also the redflagdeals.com. In staples website the camera
    > is $399 but in the store it was
    >
    > only $349.99 and the guy who was helping me went to talk to the
    > manager and they called CompuNation. He told me that its a new company
    > and they will be having stocks of these cameras only next month and so
    > didn't accept to give me 150% price match but they said they can give
    > me for $333 and also refused to take that coupon. He said that
    > redflagdeals.com is a scam. So, I ended up paying $333+tax = $383.
    > Thanks again for your advice and opinions.

    You just got ripped off. You could've bought a much better camera for that
    price.

    R2D2, Feb 4, 2004
  9. eng

    George Guest

    The staples manager said redflagdeals is SPAM!?? Wow. Staples
    provides the coupon codes to redflag so that's pretty funny.

    Anyway, I entered redflag's code into Staples.ca website it calculates
    the $50 discount just fine:

    KODAK - EasyShare DX6340 Zoom Digital Camera
    Item No. Delivery* Price Qty Unit Subtotal
    512205 next day $399.95 Each $399.95
    Subtotal: $399.95
    Coupon Code 58273: -$50.00
    Current Total: $349.95
    (total does not include applicable sales tax)
    Business Depot GST# 126152586

    I'd suggest you do the same...print out a copy, go back to the store
    and shove the SPAM back in his face. I've heard some outlets are
    notorious for trying to weasel out of these things. And don't take
    the BS line that they don't honour their webdeals in the store. I've
    bought probably 5 things from Staples using their web-coupons in-store
    (i live in BC). Keep escalating if you need to...i had to once.

    Good luck.

    George, Feb 4, 2004
  10. eng

    eng Guest

    Thanks, I will do that today!

    eng, Feb 4, 2004
  11. eng

    GJP Guest

    Hi George.
    Could you educate me a bit on the "Staples does 150% price match" or point
    me in the right direction where this policy is stated?
    I deal with Staples here in Ontario quite often, never in the store as that
    is impossible for me, always on line and I've never heard or read about
    this policy, so I would really appreciate being brought up to date on this
    policy.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    BTW thanks for the RedFlag site.

    GJP

    (George) wrote in

    GJP, Feb 4, 2004
  12. eng

    eng Guest

    Hi,
    I went back to staples today again. The manager said that they wont accept anything
    posted on that site. I even showed the printout just the way you told me but he said if
    you enter your credit card number and calculate the tax and everything it will tell you
    that the coupon is invalid. So, I had to accept what he said. So far I like the
    Camera....I took some closeup shots and looks really nice. Thanks again for all your
    help and advice.

    eng, Feb 5, 2004
  13. eng

    eng Guest

    Here is the link that might help you understand what George said about Price
    Match...
    http://www.staples.ca/about/policy/protection/

    eng, Feb 5, 2004
  14. eng

    DRB Guest

    "R2D2" <> wrote in message
    > eng <> wrote in news::
    >
    > > Thanks to everyone for their opinion. I just bought DX6340. In
    > > Compunation.com website, their price was $333 and I took print out of
    > > that page and also the redflagdeals.com. In staples website the camera
    > > is $399 but in the store it was
    > >
    > > only $349.99 and the guy who was helping me went to talk to the
    > > manager and they called CompuNation. He told me that its a new company
    > > and they will be having stocks of these cameras only next month and so
    > > didn't accept to give me 150% price match but they said they can give
    > > me for $333 and also refused to take that coupon. He said that
    > > redflagdeals.com is a scam. So, I ended up paying $333+tax = $383.
    > > Thanks again for your advice and opinions.
    > >

    > You just got ripped off. You could've bought a much better camera for that
    > price.

    My DX6340 was purchased for $279+Tax, US dollars....

    DRB, Feb 5, 2004
  15. eng

    George Guest

    Here's Staple's blurb on their 150% price match policy:

    George, Feb 5, 2004
  16. eng

    GJP Guest

    Guess I should have looked a little harder.(G)
    Thank you,one never knows what little gems can be found when browsing
    through the messages here...two gems in one thread.(G)
    Much appreciated.
    GJP

    (George) wrote in

    GJP, Feb 5, 2004