    correct? Is the autofocus using the water surface as its focus point?
    If so, any way to avoid this?

    Cheers Brian

    Brian, Apr 20, 2004

  2. Brian

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Brian wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I tried taking some pics of things underwater in my Pond, kept the
    > camera out of the water though.....<G>
    > Seems I cannot get it to focus to objects under the water surface. Is
    > that correct? Is the autofocus using the water surface as its focus point?
    > If so, any way to avoid this?
    >
    > Cheers Brian

    YOu will have to estimate the distance, then press the button half-way
    down while pointed at something that distance away above the water, then
    point it down. Note that this will probably result in pictures that are
    too dark.
    What you want to do really isn't something this type of camera will do well.

    Ron Hunter, Apr 20, 2004

  3. Brian

    hfs2 Guest

    If this works like a 4330, aim the camera at something "equal" to
    the distance of the object under the water. Half press the shutter,
    let it focus, then, without releasing, point the camera where you want
    it. Take the shot by firing the camera - depress the shutter the
    remaining 1/2 travel. This method of focusing may also affect
    metering. See if it works. If it's bright enough you may also be
    able to set the camera to the "mountain", max distance focus and get
    a good shot. Nice thing about these is that you can screw around
    till it works. Just some ideas. hs

    hfs2, Apr 21, 2004
  4. Brian wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I tried taking some pics of things underwater in my Pond, kept the
    > camera out of the water though.....<G>
    > Seems I cannot get it to focus to objects under the water surface. Is
    > that correct? Is the autofocus using the water surface as its focus point?
    > If so, any way to avoid this?
    >
    > Cheers Brian

    If you could put a polarizing filter in front of the lens the camera would see
    through the surface better and focus further in, I think.

    --
    Ben Thomas

    Apparently less than 10% of accidents are caused by drivers exceeding the speed
    limit.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=, Apr 21, 2004