    I am getting tired of using the EasyShare program to transfer the images and
    some of the imaging programs that I have will take it straight from the
    camera wizard. Thanks in advance for the help.

    Ron, Feb 22, 2004

  2. Ron

    Howard Guest

    Re: kodak dx4330..IE: DOCK for ALL.

    I have had 2 kodaks and each time OPTED not to get the dock.

    I have an inexpensive CF card reader (usb) and it works well, used it with
    WIN 98, ME and now XP pro.

    I am currently looking at the DX6490. Nothing I have from the "other" kodaks
    will be usable with the new one.

    My brother has the DX3800 and uses a cable to download to his
    computer......downright inconvenient in my opinion.

    Perhaps the easiest way is to get a card reader, and do away with the kodak
    software

    lots of shareware software to move and manipulate the images

    In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER:
    THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!

    Howard, Feb 22, 2004

  3. Ron

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Howard wrote:

    > I have had 2 kodaks and each time OPTED not to get the dock.
    >
    > I have an inexpensive CF card reader (usb) and it works well, used it with
    > WIN 98, ME and now XP pro.
    >
    > I am currently looking at the DX6490. Nothing I have from the "other" kodaks
    > will be usable with the new one.
    >
    > My brother has the DX3800 and uses a cable to download to his
    > computer......downright inconvenient in my opinion.
    >
    > Perhaps the easiest way is to get a card reader, and do away with the kodak
    > software
    >
    > lots of shareware software to move and manipulate the images

    I bought the DX6440 recently, and it came with the dock, which currently
    sits under my computer desk, awaiting installation, which will probably
    never happen. I MAY use it to charge the NIMH battery pack that came
    with the package, but why bother? Charging the battery inside the
    camera ties the camera down for the recharge cycle. Hooking the dock up
    to transfer pictures would be a total waste given that my wife's
    computer can read the SD cards at USB 2.0 speeds and I can move them to
    my computer across a 100mbps ethernet connection. Docks aren't for the
    computer literate.

    Ron Hunter, Feb 23, 2004
  4. Ron

    Larry Guest

    Re: kodak dx4330..IE: DOCK for ALL.

    In article <>, says...
    > I bought the DX6440 recently, and it came with the dock, which currently
    > sits under my computer desk, awaiting installation, which will probably
    > never happen. I MAY use it to charge the NIMH battery pack that came
    > with the package, but why bother? Charging the battery inside the
    > camera ties the camera down for the recharge cycle. Hooking the dock up
    > to transfer pictures would be a total waste given that my wife's
    > computer can read the SD cards at USB 2.0 speeds and I can move them to
    > my computer across a 100mbps ethernet connection. Docks aren't for the
    > computer literate.

    The dock is a Pain in the ass, but for the 6490 its the only way to charge the battery
    (proprietary)...

    Ive allready been to radio shack and purchased a battery holder for 4 rechargeable AA cells
    and the apropriate connector for the camera. When I use it on a tripod the battery pack will
    be mounted to the tripod, saving the internal battery for hand held use.

    I think they screwed up with the 6490 not using AA's.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    Larry, Feb 23, 2004