    problem. I'm running XP professional if that helps. Any suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Doug
    Doug, Jan 30, 2004

  2. dock the camera, get the "no pictures found" message and then browse to the
    camera using the Microsoft explorer view. Can you see the images doing
    that?

    What are the results?

    William Jackson, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Doug

    Doug Guest

    When I press the button on the docking station, a box pops up in the
    lower right hand corner of the screen showing that the camera was
    connected as G: but nothing happens - the EasyShare software doesn't
    show any of the pictures from the camera nor does it start. If I go
    to Explorer, I see the G: drive but when I try to access it, the
    message I get is: G:\ is not accessible - Incorrect function. This is
    starting to sound like a hardware problem!

    Thanks,
    Doug

    Doug, Jan 30, 2004
  4. In article <>, dblaze1
    @tampabay.rr.com (Doug) says...

    > When I press the button on the docking station, a box pops up in the
    > lower right hand corner of the screen showing that the camera was
    > connected as G: but nothing happens - the EasyShare software doesn't
    > show any of the pictures from the camera nor does it start. If I go
    > to Explorer, I see the G: drive but when I try to access it, the
    > message I get is: G:\ is not accessible - Incorrect function. This is
    > starting to sound like a hardware problem!

    Sounds like a bad dock to me. What happens when you just connect the
    camera with a USB cable?

    --
    http://home.teleport.com/~larryc
    Larry Caldwell, Jan 31, 2004
  5. Doug

    Doug Guest

    Hi Larry,

    If I take the camera off the dock and plug the USB cable directly into
    the camera, the "Camera Connected" message appears briefly above the
    task bar and the camera shows as a 'local drive' in Windows Explorer.
    If I click on G:, I get the same message: 'G:\ is not accessible -
    Incorrect function'. Maybe it's the camera itself and not the dock
    then?

    Thanks,
    Doug

    Doug, Jan 31, 2004
  6. Doug

    Terry D Guest

    Doug wrote:
    > Hi Larry,
    >
    > If I take the camera off the dock and plug the USB cable directly into
    > the camera, the "Camera Connected" message appears briefly above the
    > task bar and the camera shows as a 'local drive' in Windows Explorer.
    > If I click on G:, I get the same message: 'G:\ is not accessible -
    > Incorrect function'. Maybe it's the camera itself and not the dock
    > then?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Doug
    >

    > On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:02:44 GMT, Larry Caldwell <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> In article <>, dblaze1
    >> @tampabay.rr.com (Doug) says...
    >>
    >>> When I press the button on the docking station, a box pops up in the
    >>> lower right hand corner of the screen showing that the camera was
    >>> connected as G: but nothing happens - the EasyShare software doesn't
    >>> show any of the pictures from the camera nor does it start. If I go
    >>> to Explorer, I see the G: drive but when I try to access it, the
    >>> message I get is: G:\ is not accessible - Incorrect function. This
    >>> is starting to sound like a hardware problem!

    >> Sounds like a bad dock to me. What happens when you just connect the
    >> camera with a USB cable?

    Ditch the docking station and get yourself an SD card reader (and also a
    decent battery charger). It's faster, it works fine and is more reliable.
    The Easyshare software is rubbish although reasonably useful for sorting
    your pictures into albums. I have a DX 4330 and have never been able to see
    the camera as a separate drive with Windows 98 SE. Kodak couldn't solve the
    problem and eventually sent me an SD card reader and a memory card. Try
    complaining as I did.

    Terry D.
    Terry D, Feb 1, 2004
  7. Doug

    Doug Guest

    Thanks for the info. I did buy the reader when I took the camera in
    to Ritz Camera to look at. I didn't want to loose the pictures on the
    card. They were able to read the card and process the pictures for me
    so I bought the reader from them. I didn't want to have to buy a
    separate reader since that's part of what the docking station is for -
    that and recharging the batteries. Since it used to work fine, I have
    to assume its related to the camera given the symptoms.

    I did e-mail Kodak for assistance. We'll how they respond. How do
    you recharge the internal battery if you don't have the docking
    station? What charger do you use?

    Doug

    Doug, Feb 1, 2004
  8. In article <7IXSb.14716$>,
    (Terry D) says...

    > Ditch the docking station and get yourself an SD card reader (and also a
    > decent battery charger). It's faster, it works fine and is more reliable.

    Unfortunately, a card reader won't access the Kodak internal memory, so
    any photos there are stuck.

    > The Easyshare software is rubbish although reasonably useful for sorting
    > your pictures into albums. I have a DX 4330 and have never been able to see
    > the camera as a separate drive with Windows 98 SE. Kodak couldn't solve the
    > problem and eventually sent me an SD card reader and a memory card. Try
    > complaining as I did.

    So it's the Windows version that is the problem? It's time to upgrade
    if you are running 98 anyway. Camera manufacturers and Microsoft are
    not the only ones not supporting that OS any more. I tried to install
    Music Match Jukebox on a W98 system at Christmas, and it wouldn't run
    there either.

    --
    http://home.teleport.com/~larryc
    Larry Caldwell, Feb 1, 2004
  9. Doug

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Larry Caldwell wrote:

    > In article <7IXSb.14716$>,
    > (Terry D) says...
    >
    >>Ditch the docking station and get yourself an SD card reader (and also a
    >>decent battery charger). It's faster, it works fine and is more reliable.

    > Unfortunately, a card reader won't access the Kodak internal memory, so
    > any photos there are stuck.

    Maybe. Check the manual for a facility to copy from internal memory to
    the card. Most Kodak cameras seem to have this function. Hint, mine is
    on the menu from the review mode setting.

    Ron Hunter, Feb 1, 2004

  10. > > When I press the button on the docking station, a box pops up in the
    > > lower right hand corner of the screen showing that the camera was
    > > connected as G: but nothing happens - the EasyShare software doesn't
    > > show any of the pictures from the camera nor does it start. If I go
    > > to Explorer, I see the G: drive but when I try to access it, the
    > > message I get is: G:\ is not accessible - Incorrect function. This is
    > > starting to sound like a hardware problem!

    Any chance you have a mapped network drive as the "first available" drive
    past the real hard disks on your system (ie: if you have C, D, and E and F,
    and G is a network drive?)

    If so, try remapping your network drive to something that leaves a "hole"

    Especially on the Win9x code base, Windows "lies" to us when we try to
    create the next available drive and doesn't take into consideration the
    mapped network drives. We're working on this one, but that's an interim
    workaround (remapping your network drives that is)
    William Jackson, Feb 2, 2004