    Has anyone ever heard of this? And also--I'm pretty sure I know the answer,
    but does this basically make the camera an out & out goner?

    LRH
    Larry R Harrison Jr, Sep 22, 2004

  2. Larry R Harrison Jr

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Larry R Harrison Jr wrote:
    > I'm pretty sure it's broken and a "goner." But anyway a Kodak DX3600 camera
    > was doing fine and now all of a sudden it's unresponsive. If you turn it on
    > it assumes "record" mode but won't record anything; it shows a live LCD
    > preview and even updates estimated photos remaining based on the size of the
    > card. But it won't take a photo when you press the button. Also, it stays
    > "stuck" in this mode even if you turn the dial to "play" mode or "movie" or
    > "setup" mode. It just won't budge from that position.
    >
    > Has anyone ever heard of this? And also--I'm pretty sure I know the answer,
    > but does this basically make the camera an out & out goner?
    >
    > LRH

    It will probably require repair. At this point, you may want to check
    out alternatives, such as a new camera. You can call Kodak which has a
    flat rate repair policy for these cameras.
    Ron Hunter, Sep 22, 2004

  3. Larry R Harrison Jr

    ArtKramr Guest

    >Subject: Re: Kodak DX3600 Has Stopped Responding
    >From: Ron Hunter
    >Date: 9/21/2004 7:20 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >Larry R Harrison Jr wrote:
    >> I'm pretty sure it's broken and a "goner." But anyway a Kodak DX3600 camera
    >> was doing fine and now all of a sudden it's unresponsive. If you turn it on
    >> it assumes "record" mode but won't record anything; it shows a live LCD
    >> preview and even updates estimated photos remaining based on the size of

    >the
    >> card. But it won't take a photo when you press the button. Also, it stays
    >> "stuck" in this mode even if you turn the dial to "play" mode or "movie" or
    >> "setup" mode. It just won't budge from that position.
    >>
    >> Has anyone ever heard of this? And also--I'm pretty sure I know the answer,
    >> but does this basically make the camera an out & out goner?
    >>
    >> LRH
    >>

    >It will probably require repair. At this point, you may want to check
    >out alternatives, such as a new camera. You can call Kodak which has a
    >flat rate repair policy for these cameras.

    How much is the flat rate?

    Arthur Kramer
    344th BG 494th BS
    Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer
    ArtKramr, Sep 22, 2004
  4. Larry R Harrison Jr

    Ron Hunter Guest

    ArtKramr wrote:
    >>Subject: Re: Kodak DX3600 Has Stopped Responding
    >>From: Ron Hunter
    >>Date: 9/21/2004 7:20 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >>
    >>Larry R Harrison Jr wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm pretty sure it's broken and a "goner." But anyway a Kodak DX3600 camera
    >>>was doing fine and now all of a sudden it's unresponsive. If you turn it on
    >>>it assumes "record" mode but won't record anything; it shows a live LCD
    >>>preview and even updates estimated photos remaining based on the size of

    >>the
    >>
    >>>card. But it won't take a photo when you press the button. Also, it stays
    >>>"stuck" in this mode even if you turn the dial to "play" mode or "movie" or
    >>>"setup" mode. It just won't budge from that position.
    >>>
    >>>Has anyone ever heard of this? And also--I'm pretty sure I know the answer,
    >>>but does this basically make the camera an out & out goner?
    >>>
    >>>LRH
    >>>

    >>It will probably require repair. At this point, you may want to check
    >>out alternatives, such as a new camera. You can call Kodak which has a
    >>flat rate repair policy for these cameras.
    >>

    > How much is the flat rate?
    >

    > Arthur Kramer
    > 344th BG 494th BS
    > England, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany
    > Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    > http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

    Not sure. Best to contack Kodak, or maybe Ron Baird will respond.
    Ron Hunter, Sep 22, 2004
  5. Larry R Harrison Jr

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Larry,

    Not familiar with the situation, but I would have to say it is a good chance
    that the camera would need repair and at that cost, you are almost better
    off getting a new camera. Kodak offers a trade in program for out of
    warranty and damaged cameras. I believe the DX 6340 and DX4530 are the
    cameras that are offered. The following cameras are included in the program
    (pretty much all of them).

    DC215, DC290, DC4800, DX3215 and DX3700
    DX/CX/LS, Palmpix, MC3, DVC, EZ200, and all other DC cameras.

    To help you decide if you want to take part in this program, consider the
    following:

    - Do you require a camera that still uses compact flash cards (new models
    use MMC/SD)?
    - Is your camera being used for leisure or business purposes?
    - Do you want or need the features you have seen in a newer camera?
    - Are you considering upgrading or purchasing a new camera?
    - Memory cards and accessories are not included in the program.
    - The KODAK EasyShare Camera Dock is included in the trade up (79.95 value)

    With this information in mind, you may want to consider the program which
    consists of current refurbished model cameras (as noted the DX4530 or
    DX6340). If you are interested in this program, call the 800 235 6325
    number and let them know your situation.

    Talk to you soon,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Sep 22, 2004