Kodak DX3600 and my two cents

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mandolin, Sep 15, 2003.

  1. Mandolin

    Mandolin Guest

    I have had so many problems with this camera that I will not buy
    anything else from Kodak, but having said that I still have the DX3600
    and use it on my job so I must perservere for answers!!!

    Recently, both the Internal Memory and the picture card began to
    become intermittently unavailable. I would shoot and then when I tried
    to download, the dialogue box would say there were no pictures. Once,
    I was able to shift all the pictures from the picture card to the
    internal memory and then download but other times I was not able to
    access anything.

    I have a G4 with lots of ram and hard disk space. We haven't, however,
    upgraded to OS 10 so I am stuck regarding downloading the newest
    version of the software.

    I have called Kodak, have a case number but have been waiting now
    three days for an answer and today they told me that I might get an
    answer this week...their response time or lack thereof is astonishing.

    I have reformatted everything a few times. The one piece that of the
    puzzle that has always puzzled me was the error message that pops up
    after I download--"you must put away the disk from the finder or you
    may lose data"????There is no such function that I know of.

    Any clues would be appreciated.

    Mandolin

    Mandolin, Sep 15, 2003

  2. Mandolin

    Jim C Guest

    Have you tried using an external memory card reader (USB)? You can pick
    them up for <$20 now. This would isolate any camera problems (HW or SW)
    from memory card problems...

    Jim

    Jim C, Sep 15, 2003

  3. Mandolin

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Mandolin wrote:

    > I have had so many problems with this camera that I will not buy
    > anything else from Kodak, but having said that I still have the DX3600
    > and use it on my job so I must perservere for answers!!!
    >
    > Recently, both the Internal Memory and the picture card began to
    > become intermittently unavailable. I would shoot and then when I tried
    > to download, the dialogue box would say there were no pictures. Once,
    > I was able to shift all the pictures from the picture card to the
    > internal memory and then download but other times I was not able to
    > access anything.
    >
    > I have a G4 with lots of ram and hard disk space. We haven't, however,
    > upgraded to OS 10 so I am stuck regarding downloading the newest
    > version of the software.
    >
    > I have called Kodak, have a case number but have been waiting now
    > three days for an answer and today they told me that I might get an
    > answer this week...their response time or lack thereof is astonishing.
    >
    > I have reformatted everything a few times. The one piece that of the
    > puzzle that has always puzzled me was the error message that pops up
    > after I download--"you must put away the disk from the finder or you
    > may lose data"????There is no such function that I know of.
    >
    > Any clues would be appreciated.
    >
    > Mandolin

    From the message, it appears that the driver software you are using is
    the problem, rather than the camera. Can you view the pictures ON the
    camera? Have you tried the cards in a PC Clone? That message is a Mac
    message, NOT a Kodak message (camera message).
    Also, you didn't try to format a card on the computer, did you?

    Ron Hunter, Sep 16, 2003
  4. Mandolin

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Mandolin,

    Sorry to hear of your trouble. I hope I can help.

    First do you have OS10.2 or later or is it 10.1.x etc. Kodak has offered
    the latest update of EasyShare for 10.2 and later. The software is
    excellent and I am quite sure you would enjoy it. If you haven't updated
    your OS you might consider it.

    Also, the intermittent card response, implies that it might be corrupted.
    The way around this is to have the card checked and formatted correctly. If
    you like I can do it for you if you are here in the US and the card is a
    Kodak memory card. You can let me know offline.

    I would also use a penlight to look inside the camera to be sure that you
    did not bend a pin during the insert of the card. If a pin has been
    damaged, then you can run into trouble.

    I appreciate the chance to help, and am around most of the time. I would be
    glad to share on the results of our work, if you can share your name off
    line.

    Talk to you soon, Mandolin,

    Ron Baird
    Kodak

    Ron Baird, Sep 22, 2003
  5. Mandolin

    HuskyJim

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    I have a DX3600 and a problem.

    I have pix in the camera internal memory, not on a flash card, and I cannot transfer the pictures.

    I can view the pix fine on the camera, put when I use the Kodak Transfer SW, it says that there are no pictures to transfer.

    I've tried connecting the camera directly to the PC with the USB, and used the docking station - same result.

    Help!

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks, Jim

    HuskyJim, Jul 21, 2006