    consistent differences. I do believe that the CX series does not have the
    Schneider lens, but the DX series has models that has both Schneider and
    Kodak lenses.
    Jeff, Aug 21, 2004

  2. Jeff

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Jeff wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me the primary difference(s) between the Kodak DX and CX
    > series of digital cameras?
    >
    > I've tried to make a distinction between the two, but I can't find any
    > consistent differences. I do believe that the CX series does not have the
    > Schneider lens, but the DX series has models that has both Schneider and
    > Kodak lenses.

    Sure. According to Kodak, the CX series is targeted at the casual
    snapshot taker, and the DX series at the more serious user who will use
    the extra features, such as shutter and aperture priority (and know what
    they ARE).
    Ron Hunter, Aug 21, 2004

  3. Jeff

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Jeff,

    Actually, there are three groups of cameras, with differing attributes.

    The CX versions relate to simplicity of use while bringing high quality. As
    the Kodak web page states, "Point-and-shoot simplicity lets you start
    shooting right out of the box." Check the site below for a review of the
    attributes of the CX Models.

    http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=32&pq-locale=en_US

    The DX versions relate more to the experienced user. As the web page
    states, "High performance features give you more creative control for just
    the shot you want." As above there is a page that will review the DX
    features and attributes.

    http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=131&pq-locale=en_US

    The LS version is the model for the Tech kinda person. As the web page
    notes, "High-tech meets high style. All the features you want housed in a
    sleek metallic package."

    http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=31&pq-locale=en_US

    Hope this helps out. If you have questions about any of these, let me know.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Aug 23, 2004