    --

    In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER:
    THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!
    Howard, Jun 12, 2004

  2. Howard

    Brian Dipert Guest

    I bought mine refurb'd for $299, a month or so ago, here:

    www.computergeeks.com

    <> wrote:

    >Why so many, and how does one get to be "a distributor"?
    >I have seen many of them over the last 4 or so months on Ebay........
    >anyone reading this owns one and has had any problems?
    >

    >I currently have a dx4900 4 MP and like it, it takes fine pictures and I am
    >only looking to up-grade to the 38/380 zoom.
    >
    >Howard

    Brian Dipert
    Technical Editor: Mass Storage, Memory, Multimedia, PC Core Logic and Peripherals, and Programmable Logic
    EDN Magazine: http://www.edn.com
    5000 V Street
    Sacramento, CA 95817
    (916) 454-5242 (voice), (617) 558-4470 (fax)
    ***REMOVE 'NOSPAM.' FROM EMAIL ADDRESS TO REPLY***
    mailto:
    Visit me at http://www.bdipert.com
    Brian Dipert, Jun 14, 2004

  3. Howard

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Howard,

    There are a few out there, Howard, and are great cameras. Many of them are
    returns by owners who were not sure how to use the features and so either
    returned them. They work perfectly and come with a full warranty in most
    cases. Refurbished/Reconditioned products offer you the opportunity to
    purchase high quality Kodak products at a substantial savings.

    These products have either been returned to Kodak from retailers channel
    returns, or used by Kodak for testing or demonstration purposes. Prior to
    making them available for sale, Kodak inspects each product and makes any
    repairs necessary to ensure that the product you receive functions as well
    as our new products.

    To ensure your satisfaction, our refurbished products come with the same
    warranty as the one offered on our new products. Refurbished products sold
    through a Kodak program or retailer also come with a 30-DAY MONEY-BACK
    GUARANTEE so you can buy with confidence.

    Enjoy the camera if you choose to buy. Features an external flash and an
    EVF or Electronic Viewfinder.

    http://www.kodak.com/go/dx6490

    If you have any questions about it, let me know, I am here for you.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Jun 15, 2004