    Help.

    Thanks all

    Bret

    Bret Cohen, Jan 3, 2005

  2. On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 06:13:19 GMT, "Bret Cohen" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi all..
    >
    >I am seeking any info on the Kodak Digital's.
    >
    >Feedback, durability etc
    >
    >The prices are so reasonable.
    >DX? CX?

    G'day I've had a DX 4330 since they came out. Never skipped a beat.
    One of my sons has a CX something or other. It's never had a problem
    either.

    I've specifically wanted it because I wanted a good point'n shoot that
    I could hook up to my scope for digital images, and take the odd
    snapshot, I've printed out the results on my Lexmark, and had images
    printed from the photlabs. Never had an issue.

    (and I've won a photography competition with images from it),

    Some people will say its the "Macdonalds" of digital cameras, and my
    attitude is that you can get equally good shots from a Kodak as you
    can most of the other, equivalent cameras.

    Some of my shots (specifically for astrophotograpy (mixed in with my
    LPI images)

    http://users.bigpond.net.au/wanglese/Astronomy/Astronomy.html

    --

    Find out about Australia's most dangerous Doomsday Cult:
    http://users.bigpond.net.au/wanglese/pebble.htm

    "You can't fool me, it's turtles all the way down."

    Wally Anglesea™, Jan 3, 2005

  3. Bret Cohen

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Bret Cohen wrote:
    > Hi all..
    >
    > I am seeking any info on the Kodak Digital's.
    >
    > Feedback, durability etc
    >
    > The prices are so reasonable.
    > DX? CX?
    >
    > Help.
    >
    > Thanks all
    >
    > Bret

    I have owned many Kodak cameras over the years. The current line of
    Kodak Digital cameras is quite impressive, as long as you understand
    that the primary features to consider are lens quality, and sensor size.
    Cameras in the DX and LS series are usually equiped with better lens
    systems, and more manual settings, while the CX series is lower in
    price, and somewhat less sophisticated, and is intended for the
    'snapshot' use. It is possible to do some pretty nice photography with
    the DX and LS series cameras.

    I have been quite happy with the two DX cameras I have owned.
    Webshots.com has a few thousand of my pictures taken over the past two
    years with Kodak DX cameras. Check out the albums under userid
    rphunter42 since 2002. The pictures since Feb. 2004 are taken with the
    DX6440, earlier ones are with the DX3600, and those that are scans
    earlier than 2003 are done with a Ricoh 35mm, and scanned at 300dpi.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Jan 3, 2005
  4. Bret Cohen

    Hugh Jorgan Guest

    Digital's what?

    Hugh Jorgan, Jan 3, 2005
  5. Hugh Jorgan wrote:
    > Digital's what?

    I gather Mr. Jorgan is saying there should be no apostrophe in
    "digitals", which is correct; there shouldn't be. However, by the same
    rules, there should be none in "cameras", either.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Jan 3, 2005
  6. Bret Cohen

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Bret,

    I hope I have caught you at the right time, Bret, and am glad to share with
    you about Kodak cameras. Good choice as they are really good cameras and
    you will enjoy the features. Not sure what you are seeking, but I suggest a
    review of the digital cameras page of the Kodak web site. All the cameras
    are listed there. Also, if you want to share your interests and desires, I
    am glad to review what cameras might work best.

    Actually, the best thing you can do is to visit a few retailers to get a
    review and feel for the cameras that are out there today. Since you have a
    particular interest in Kodak cameras, I would review the Kodak site first so
    you can review those in which you have an interest.

    http://www.kodak.com/go/digitalcameras
    http://www.dpreview.com

    Since I work for Kodak I can help you specifically with questions and so on,
    but you may want to also review the references on sites like Steves Digicam,
    DP Review, and Image Resource. These are great sites with a lot of
    information and feedback as well.

    Talk to you soon, Bret, Let me know if you have any particular questions.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Jan 3, 2005
  7. Bret Cohen

    beuzet Guest

    "Bret Cohen" <> wrote in news:3o5Cd.6762$yV1.6546
    @newssvr14.news.prodigy.com:

    > Hi all..
    >
    > I am seeking any info on the Kodak Digital's.
    >
    > Feedback, durability etc
    >
    > The prices are so reasonable.
    > DX? CX?

    My first digital camera was a DX6340 purchased almost sixteen months ago.
    I spent about $50 more than planned and bought it solely on the salesman's
    recommendation about the lens and the ease of use. Its main purpose was to
    be for vacation pictures and granddaughter snap shots. After a few days I
    started to have a lot of fun (somewhat like I had in the mid sixties when I
    bought my first SLR) and this past May I gave it to my daughter and
    replaced it with a DX6490.

    So far both have proved reliable and the quality of the pictures is
    excellent. You can see some of them on www.clubphoto.com (type in beuzet
    in the album search box). Very few of them have been touched-up and when
    they have the picture number will end with "edited" or something like that.

    One thing I like about Kodak is that it has a setting for a 3:2 ratio for
    when you know you will want to print 4 x 6's.

    I am not a professional and I don't even consider myself an amateur any
    more but I have been pleased with the products and the results I have
    obtained with them.

    beuzet, Jan 4, 2005