  1. My DC280 goes off when I am taking a photo.

    After I have changed the batteries , it display only "00" on top lcd.

    It needs repairing ?
    local - northwood, Sep 6, 2006

  2. local - northwood

    bmoag Guest

    If your camera is out of warranty you might as well toss it.
    Kodak digital cameras do not have a stellar reputation for durability.
    The repair service charges a minimum of $125 and also has a less than
    stellar record for actually repairing the problem.
    bmoag, Sep 6, 2006

  3. On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 23:51:56 +0800, local - northwood wrote:
    > My DC280 goes off when I am taking a photo.
    >
    > After I have changed the batteries , it display only "00" on top lcd.

    _Only_? No other icons? The "00" could mean your CF memory card is
    full. Or, since the camera did an 'unexpected' Power Of while snapping
    a picture, the format on the CF card is screwed up and you need to
    re-format the CF card.

    Before you ask: Yes, there are software programs out there that will
    recover image files from damaged CF memory cards.

    HTH
    Jonesy
    --
    Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
    *** Killfiling google posts: <http//jonz.net/ng.htm>
    Allodoxaphobia, Sep 6, 2006
  4. local - northwood

    Helen Guest

    "local - northwood" <> wrote in message
    > My DC280 goes off when I am taking a photo.
    >
    > After I have changed the batteries , it display only "00" on top lcd.
    >
    > It needs repairing ?

    It needs replacing.

    My old DC280 from several years ago has now been passed through 4 further
    members of the family, each of whom outgrew it. I can barely remember what
    it looked like. I can't believe I used to use 2 megapixels when my normal
    cameras are16+ nowadays.
    Helen, Sep 6, 2006
  5. Helen wrote:
    > "local - northwood" <> wrote in message
    >> My DC280 goes off when I am taking a photo.
    >>
    >> After I have changed the batteries , it display only "00" on top lcd.
    >>
    >> It needs repairing ?

    > It needs replacing.
    >
    > My old DC280 from several years ago has now been passed through 4
    > further members of the family, each of whom outgrew it. I can barely
    > remember what it looked like. I can't believe I used to use 2
    > megapixels when my normal cameras are16+ nowadays.

    Does that mean your photographs are better, is is it just your ego that has
    improved?
    Dennis Pogson, Sep 7, 2006
  6. local - northwood

    JohnR66 Guest

    "bmoag" <> wrote in message
    > If your camera is out of warranty you might as well toss it.
    > Kodak digital cameras do not have a stellar reputation for durability.
    > The repair service charges a minimum of $125 and also has a less than
    > stellar record for actually repairing the problem.

    The DC280 was intro'd in early 1999 so it made it about 8 years if there is
    actually anything wrong with it.
    John
    JohnR66, Sep 8, 2006
  7. local - northwood

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 23:51:56 +0800, local - northwood <> wrote:

    >My DC280 goes off when I am taking a photo.

    >After I have changed the batteries , it display only "00" on top lcd.

    >It needs repairing ?

    It needs replacing.

    A $50 camera will outperform it in every way and weigh 1/5th.
    AZ Nomad, Sep 8, 2006
  8. Helen wrote:

    > It needs replacing.
    >
    > My old DC280 from several years ago has now been passed through 4
    > further members of the family, each of whom outgrew it. I can barely
    > remember what it looked like. I can't believe I used to use 2
    > megapixels when my normal cameras are16+ nowadays.

    Hell, I had mine since "99" and has been my favorite and only eBay camera
    for many years and has made me countless thousands of dollars. It is still
    working, but I don't use it anymore. I don't heart to sell it or run it
    through the hydraulic press to scrap it.

    Rita
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Sep 8, 2006
  9. AZ Nomad wrote:
    > On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 23:51:56 +0800, local - northwood <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> My DC280 goes off when I am taking a photo.

    >> After I have changed the batteries , it display only "00" on top lcd.

    >> It needs repairing ?

    > It needs replacing.
    >
    > A $50 camera will outperform it in every way and weigh 1/5th.

    That's what the salesman keeps telling me.
    Dennis Pogson, Sep 8, 2006
  10. "Allodoxaphobia" <> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:...
    > On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 23:51:56 +0800, local - northwood wrote:
    >> My DC280 goes off when I am taking a photo.
    >>
    >> After I have changed the batteries , it display only "00" on top lcd.

    > _Only_? No other icons? The "00" could mean your CF memory card is
    > full. Or, since the camera did an 'unexpected' Power Of while snapping
    > a picture, the format on the CF card is screwed up and you need to
    > re-format the CF card.
    >
    > Before you ask: Yes, there are software programs out there that will
    > recover image files from damaged CF memory cards.
    >
    > HTH
    > Jonesy
    > --
    > Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
    > 38.24N 104.55W | @ config.com | Jonesy | OS/2
    > *** Killfiling google posts: <http//jonz.net/ng.htm>

    It works .

    After I take out the CF card , my DC280 returns to factory setting .

    Then , I format the CF card .

    My DC280 is OK now !

    Thank you .
    local - northwood, Sep 9, 2006
  11. On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 12:59:57 +0800, local - northwood wrote:
    > "Allodoxaphobia" wrote:
    >> On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 23:51:56 +0800, local - northwood wrote:
    >>>
    >>> My DC280 goes off when I am taking a photo.
    >>>
    >>> After I have changed the batteries , it display only "00" on top lcd.

    >> _Only_? No other icons? The "00" could mean your CF memory card is
    >> full. Or, since the camera did an 'unexpected' Power Of while snapping
    >> a picture, the format on the CF card is screwed up and you need to
    >> re-format the CF card.
    >>
    >> Before you ask: Yes, there are software programs out there that will
    >> recover image files from damaged CF memory cards.

    > It works .
    > After I take out the CF card , my DC280 returns to factory setting .
    > Then , I format the CF card .
    > My DC280 is OK now !
    > Thank you .

    I am glad it worked out for you.

    Jonesy
    Allodoxaphobia, Sep 11, 2006
  12. local - northwood

    John Turco Guest

    Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:

    > Helen wrote:
    >
    > > It needs replacing.
    > >
    > > My old DC280 from several years ago has now been passed through 4
    > > further members of the family, each of whom outgrew it. I can barely
    > > remember what it looked like. I can't believe I used to use 2
    > > megapixels when my normal cameras are16+ nowadays.

    > Hell, I had mine since "99" and has been my favorite and only eBay camera
    > for many years and has made me countless thousands of dollars. It is still
    > working, but I don't use it anymore. I don't heart to sell it or run it
    > through the hydraulic press to scrap it.
    >
    > Rita

    Hello, Rita:

    Hey, I need to replace the LCD panels, in couple of Kodaks: DX4530
    (1.8") and CX6200 (1.6").

    Have any cheap ones, available? ;-)

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>
    John Turco, Sep 11, 2006
  13. local - northwood

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Local,

    Usually a 00 error means there was a problem with a board in the camera.
    Sometimes it could be related to other and I am glad that the process you
    followed worked for you. The earlier models can be tricky, the still yield
    some fun pics. Let me know if you think I can help in the future.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Sep 14, 2006
  14. Re: Kodak DC280 error (UPDATE)

    Ron Baird wrote:

    > Greetings Local,
    >
    > Usually a 00 error means there was a problem with a board in the
    > camera. Sometimes it could be related to other and I am glad that the
    > process you followed worked for you. The earlier models can be
    > tricky, the still yield some fun pics. Let me know if you think I can
    > help in the future.

    Ron, I just want to thank you guys for making such a great camera, for its
    time, as the DC280. We've got many years of trouble free service out of
    ours and still have it. Though, we had to modify it to stay compliant with
    current technology we don't use it that much any more. Here's what a
    professionally modified DC280 looks like.

    http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2006/pics/DC280.jpg

    Rita
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Sep 14, 2006
  15. local - northwood

    John Turco Guest

    Ron Baird wrote:

    > "local - northwood" <> wrote in message
    > > My DC280 goes off when I am taking a photo.
    > >
    > > After I have changed the batteries , it display only "00" on top lcd.
    > >
    > > It needs repairing ?
    > >

    > Greetings Local,
    >
    > Usually a 00 error means there was a problem with a board in the camera.
    > Sometimes it could be related to other and I am glad that the process you
    > followed worked for you. The earlier models can be tricky, the still yield
    > some fun pics. Let me know if you think I can help in the future.
    >
    > Ron Baird
    > Eastman Kodak Company

    Hello, Ron:

    Welcome back! <g>