    I was reading somewhere else on the web that the internal CMOS sensor fails
    after 3 years or less, can anybody here confirm that?

    Thanks

    Gord, Oct 11, 2003

  2. Gord

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Gord,

    The CX4230 model camera has a CCD not a CMOS sensor? Also, the camera comes
    with a full 1 year warranty. So, if it is not performing correctly, we will
    help you get it back to normal and find out why it is only yielding a
    'white' image. Of course, it should not do that and it should yield great
    results. If you want to call our 800 235-6325 number our online team will
    get your camera in to us so we can get things fixed and returned to you as
    soon as possible.

    Actually, though the camera is not manufactured any longer, it is certainly
    in stock and available from retailers. Most manufacturing occurs in the
    first few months of release, so it not being manufactured is not unusual -
    normal with most products. It is in our line up of products, however, and
    is a great deal.

    Let me know how you make out and if you need help.

    Ron Baird
    Kodak

    "Gord" <> wrote in message
    > I was just wondering how often is that digital cameras fail?? I bought

    this
    > thing 6 months ago and now it's basically shot. It works but it no longer
    > processes the image, all you get is a white screen or if you take a

    picture

    Ron Baird, Oct 16, 2003