    any suggestions or thoughts??

    thanks!
    tw

    GolfNut, Oct 17, 2004

  2. GolfNut

    Ron Hunter Guest

    GolfNut wrote:
    > fixing to buy a new digital camera. i have had my eye on buying the
    > 6490...but now they came out with the 7590.
    >
    > other than 5 MP...i don't see much difference except any
    > system/hardware improvements since the 6490.
    >
    > any suggestions or thoughts??
    >
    > thanks!
    > tw

    I think I would go with the later model. While 4/5mp isn't a great
    leap, it will add a bit more flexibility to the post processing process.

    Ron Hunter, Oct 17, 2004

  3. GolfNut

    GolfNut Guest

    true...but worth the extra $100??

    tw

    GolfNut, Oct 18, 2004
  4. My first digital camera was a Kodak DC4800 3.2 mp which I loved.
    Great size, great pictures, no drawbacks that I could see. When I
    moved up, 3 yrs later, I bought the Kodak 6490. It had a real fault
    that I never experienced with the 4800 - shutter lag! The camera
    took too long to capture the frame after pressing the shutter release,
    and much, much too long to set up for the next shot. Unless the
    7590's release & setup speeds have changed, I wouldn't recommend
    getting either of them. I sent the camera back & purchased a Minolta
    A2 which I am extremely happy with. The 7590 is now selling for
    around $499 on the internet, I paid $650 for the A2, so, while price
    is not really a problem for me, the difference is really minimal. I
    had paid $309 for the 6490, so the A2 was around 2x the cost, but
    it turns on instantly, has less than 1/2sec release lag, & instant
    recovery. Coupled with an anti shake mechanism and other features
    which are really super, I know that I will be satisfied for at least
    the next 2-3 years or so (until the next generation).
    Regards,
    APS

    Mr. Cellophane, Oct 18, 2004
  5. GolfNut

    SteveB Guest

    I've read 2 UK magazine reviews of the 7590 and they both heavily criticise
    it for very slow operation., otherwise it's good.

    SteveB, Oct 18, 2004
  6. GolfNut

    hfs2 Guest

    I'd wager if you're a 6x4 guy - you won't even see the difference.

    hfs2, Oct 19, 2004
  7. GolfNut

    hfs2 Guest

    I was just looking at the specs....

    I noticed that they have a 640x movie mode. I always had fun with
    that with my 4330.

    Another thing I noticed is tha it has a 'keep last' burst mode.
    I can't imagine trying to catch something without last keep IF
    you are restrictted to total shots taken. Letting up when
    you "have it" has got to be 100 times better than shot when
    you "think" you'll get it.

    How can Kodak come up with neat stuff like this and ignore my
    other brilliant suggestions! :)

    hfs2, Oct 19, 2004