Kodak 6Mp p&s - DX7630

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by VT, Feb 2, 2004.

  1. VT

    VT Guest

    VT, Feb 2, 2004

  2. VT

    Ron Hunter Guest

    VT wrote:

    > Both imaging-resource.com and dpReview.com have news items about
    > Kodak's announced 6Mp EasyShare DX7630 -
    >
    > with dpReview's Phil Askey saying:
    > "This appears to be the first implementation of Sharp's six megapixel
    > 1/1.8" CCD"
    >
    > http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1075712401.html
    >
    > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0402/04020203kodakdx7630.asp
    >
    > --
    > Vincent
    > remove CLOTHING for e-mail
    >
    > http://UnknownVincent.cjb.net/
    > http://UnknownVT.cjb.net/

    Perhaps I shouldn't second-guess Kodak's marketing gurus, but it seems
    to me that if I were willing to pay for a 6 mp sensor, I would also be
    looking for something better than a 3x zoom....
    Maybe a DX6690?
    Ron Hunter, Feb 3, 2004

  3. VT

    eng Guest

    In Future shop they have sale on Kodak DX4530 for $399 and I found Kodak
    DX6340 for $349. Which one should i go for! Please give me your opinion. I
    couldn't make up my mind. Thanks

    eng, Feb 3, 2004
  4. VT

    Ron Hunter Guest

    eng wrote:

    > In Future shop they have sale on Kodak DX4530 for $399 and I found Kodak
    > DX6340 for $349. Which one should i go for! Please give me your opinion. I
    > couldn't make up my mind. Thanks

    That is MUCH too high for a DX4530. They sell here for about $297. AT
    that price, it is a good deal. If you like the larger camera, and the
    more flexible manual controls, it might be a good deal, especially at
    the lower price. I like the idea of a 4x zoom, however.
    Ron Hunter, Feb 3, 2004
  5. VT

    eng Guest

    Thanks, I will go for the 4x zoom. Where do they sell DX4530 for $297?

    eng, Feb 3, 2004
  6. VT

    Ron Hunter Guest

    eng wrote:

    > Thanks, I will go for the 4x zoom. Where do they sell DX4530 for $297?
    >
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >

    >>eng wrote:
    >>

    >>>In Future shop they have sale on Kodak DX4530 for $399 and I found Kodak
    >>>DX6340 for $349. Which one should i go for! Please give me your opinion. I
    >>>couldn't make up my mind. Thanks
    >>>

    >>That is MUCH too high for a DX4530. They sell here for about $297. AT
    >>that price, it is a good deal. If you like the larger camera, and the
    >>more flexible manual controls, it might be a good deal, especially at
    >>the lower price. I like the idea of a 4x zoom, however.

    Saw one at Sears just before Christmas. Check the prices online.
    Ron Hunter, Feb 3, 2004
  7. VT

    VT Guest

    On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 19:12:37 -0600, Ron Hunter <>
    wrote:

    >Perhaps I shouldn't second-guess Kodak's marketing gurus, but it seems
    >to me that if I were willing to pay for a 6 mp sensor, I would also be
    >looking for something better than a 3x zoom....
    >Maybe a DX6690?

    It might turn out to be good for us the consumer..........

    Since 6Mp is available as a humble low priced simple p&s -
    that means prosumer and DSLR digicams are going to be increasing their
    Mp count PDQ.

    Afterall if one thinks about it - the results from a simple 35mm film
    p&s with a good lens can rival those of "professional quality" SLRs -
    there should be no good reason why a p&s digicam should lag behind
    more advanced digicams in sheer resolution/Mp count once the suitable
    sized chips become available - other than deliberate marketing
    differentiation.

    Just like GHz CPUs were undreamt of when the Intel 8086
    microprocessor made PCs affordable to the consumer - now other than
    the lower priced line CPU differentiation, even low cost - budget-
    cheapo PCs can be had at 2.5+GHz..............

    VT, Feb 3, 2004