    use it a lot and no telling what pics she will come up with. She may
    stumble onto some gems so on the occasion that happens, I want a
    decent 8 x 10. But 95 % of the time, 4 x 6's.
    TheChair, Dec 18, 2003

  2. TheChair

    Ron Hunter Guest

    TheChair wrote:

    > Is there a significant difference in picture quality at 8 x 10 between
    > the two cameras? That's the largest my wife (her xmas gift) will ever
    > go, and then only rarely. I just got the 6340 delivered by
    > Costco.com, but might return it for the 6440 if there is a significant
    > difference. It's about $70 more for the 6440.
    >
    > Since I have a DSLR for myself, normally I wouldn't fuss over this,
    > but once the wife finds out how easy to use these Kodaks are, she will
    > use it a lot and no telling what pics she will come up with. She may
    > stumble onto some gems so on the occasion that happens, I want a
    > decent 8 x 10. But 95 % of the time, 4 x 6's.

    The 6340 should produce a very good 8 x 10. Only the most
    discriminating claim to need 300 dpi for a good image. At least one
    professional (www.scantips.com) will tell you you can't really see more
    than 200 dpi in a photo you get from a film camera when it is printed on
    a normal commercial printing system.

    I have had a 2 mp camera for about 2 years and the largest print I have
    made was 4x6, and it looked great. I suspect that many of my shots
    could be printed at 8x10 and still look good at normal view distances.
    Ron Hunter, Dec 18, 2003

  3. TheChair

    Peri Guest

    > TheChair wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a significant difference in picture quality at 8 x 10 between
    >> the two cameras? That's the largest my wife (her xmas gift) will ever
    >> go, and then only rarely. I just got the 6340 delivered by
    >> Costco.com, but might return it for the 6440 if there is a significant
    >> difference. It's about $70 more for the 6440.

    (snip rest of question and Ron's reply)

    Not to confuse the issue even further, but Circuit City is currently advertising
    the DX4530 -- 5 mp -- for $259. It's hard to compare with Costco's prices,
    because Costco is bundling the cameras with docks, but it sounds like a pretty
    good deal.

    ~ Peri
    Peri, Dec 19, 2003
  4. TheChair

    Larry Lynch Guest

    In article <%GtEb.282290$655.52940973
    @news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
    says...
    > Not to confuse the issue even further, but Circuit City is currently advertising
    > the DX4530 -- 5 mp -- for $259. It's hard to compare with Costco's prices,
    > because Costco is bundling the cameras with docks, but it sounds like a pretty
    > good deal.
    >
    > ~ Peri

    I have the 4530, and was surprised at the quality of the
    pix I get from it!

    The lower price structure on the 4350 is a result of NOT
    INCLUDING the dock with the camera.

    Since this camera operates on 2 AA cells, the lack of a
    dock or chager was of no consequence (I allready owned
    about 10 sets of 4 NIMH recharge-ables and several 1hr
    and 2 hour charger).

    It (the 4530) comes with a one piece battery pack that
    will fool SOME people into feeling they need a special
    Kodak proprietary battery, BUT, if you RTM it says the
    camera uses recharge-able AA or the (Very Expensive but
    LONG DURATION) Kodak battery.

    All in all, if you dont need the "dock" to get your
    pictures into the printer/computer, the 4530 is a good
    P&S camera for Bright, colorfull, low noise pictures.

    It has the BEST Auto White-balance I have EVER seen! If
    only I had it on my pro-sumer level cameras...
    --
    Larry Lynch
    Lasting Imagery
    Larry Lynch, Dec 19, 2003